Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres a comparison of 4 1/32 scale commercially made made Mercedes Siver Arrow slot cars. 1st photo-from left to right,Sanwa,Bumslot,Carrera,& Topslot. Now we will rate each one. 1st the Sanwa made in Japan. Notice the body is more slender than the others(perhaps this might give it a slight advantage in racing?)

The driver is also more friendly(see he is sitting tall and proud and waving at us).
The Sanwa chassis is more complex than any of the other cars & has a sophisticated gearing system. It also leaves nothing to chance by using 2 pins for a guide system. It is also the rarest of the 4 cars shown here . 2nd we have the Mercedes made by Bumslot from Spain. Only 100 (too many)were made.
It runs quite well(unlike must other Bumslot cars which dont run at all)
The chassis leaves a lot to be desired,its rather plain. The 3rd car is by the German company Carrera. The body is vac. It has an interesting guide system good only for the early Carrera track.
Its not seen too often. Last we have the Mercedes by Topslot also made in Spain. It is one of 400 made. The body is made of resin. It looks well made and has a lot of detail. It also runs very well.The chassis is rather standard in todays world. Well it does seem that between these 4 slot cars the Sanwa Mercedes is the best made and also has the friendliest driver.
Well thats my opinion.Whats yours? Thanks,Bernard

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Sorry can't read the thread properly as it is too wide. (Photo's side by side).

Shame as it looks an interesting comparison.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Bernard - a very fine collection you have there. My opinion? Personally I prefer the A2M version. Please see below my starting grid from Reims, July 4, 1954:

Daimler Benz AG
#18 Mercedes-Benz W196 STR - Juan-Manuel Fangio
#20 Mercedes-Benz W196 STR - Karl Kling
#22 Mercedes-Benz W196 STR - Hans Hermann

A2M 15102 shell, PSC32 chassis, Scalex motor, and Cartrix wheels.

Juan-Manuel and Karl made it 1-2 and Hans sat fastest lap before retirement.

Cheers, Holger

·
redstar
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice set of cars Holgar . Im sorry Alan you are having a problem seeing the pics.Thanks,Bernard

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I not sure if its something to do with your browser Bernard, but a lot of your posts look like this. I could be the way that you list the pictures. Do you put the URL of each picture on a seperate
line,
or string them along togethere like this?Always good to se your postings, even if some are a bit hard to read,

·
Jim Moyes
4,998 Posts
I don't have a problem seeing Bernard's posts.

Are you guys saying that all the pictures are next to each other across the page? I see them all neatly stacked on top of each other.

Could it possibly be a viewing setting that is wrong somewhere?

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Yes the postings and text are all across the screen and there is no horizontal scroll bar, so you can (or at least I can), only see the first photograph and part of the second.

Alan

PS When I used to post a lot of photo's I put the string text for the photograph on one line, then entered two blank lines (CR twice), before entering the next string text for the second photograph.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
A fine quartet there Bernard. I think I prefer the Carrera car personally. Such nice detail on the bodyshell.

I see the photos fine by the way. Nice vertical alignment.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have never had a problem seeing these or other photos!Always stacked one above the other.

Gotta say I love that Sanwa. It is truly a relic and unique, collectable and definitly vintage as the title of this sub forum suggests. Somehow it has the charm of the bygone era of slot racing toys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts