SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which One of These Countries Would You Most Like To See An Old F1 Slotcar Be Made?
UK (Specify Brand)1238.71%
Italy (Specify Brand)825.81%
France (Specify Brand)39.68%
Germany (Specify Brand)13.23%
Another Country (Please Specify Country and Brand)39.68%
Any13.23%
I Don't Mind26.45%
I'm Not Interested in Old F1 Slotcars13.23%

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
I just thought this might be an interesting poll seeing that Scalextric and Cartrix have brought out Old F1 slotcars. For me I'd probably need to look at some pictures of Old F1 cars because I don't know the look of many but at the minute this is what my vote would be: Country-UK and Brand-Vanwall. In fact I like the brand Vanwall so much that I might just have to vote for it now. Looking forward to seeing which country you vote for and which brand you chose.

So my final vote is: Country-UK / Brand-Vanwall.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Fwick!
I'd like to see an Eagles Weslake from 1967 (American). Simply beatiful! And along with that another few cars from that year. The Lotus 49, Ferrari 312, BRM, Cooper etc... I love that year for the sake of lots of things. Last season without any sort of wings or aero devices, they had the good old hard tires that lased several races(4-wheel drifting through the corners), they had 3.5 litre engines (lots of power)and ..... the list goes on. Here's a picture from a site with a bit of history regarding the car Link There's also a photogallery there with lots of pictures!

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi bastumannen, great to hear from you.
Thanks for being the first and only person so far to reply to my thread bastumannen. When I wrote this poll I completely forgot about the USA. I probably should have put the USA as an option for the poll. So far 11 people have voted and it looks like Italy is on top with 4 votes taking 36.36% of the votes so far. Thanks for the picture and the link too. I'm sure you'll be writing me lots more posts in the future.

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (Fwick @ 26 Jan 2005, 12:18)Hi bastumannen, great to hear from you.
Thanks for being the first and only person so far to reply to my thread bastumannen. When I wrote this poll I completely forgot about the USA. I probably should have put the USA as an option for the poll. So far 11 people have voted and it looks like Italy is on top with 4 votes taking 36.36% of the votes so far. Thanks for the picture and the link too. I'm sure you'll be writing me lots more posts in the future.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want an Eagle. That and the shark nose ferrari are the 2 best looking F1's ever made

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Ferrari for me, and not just any Ferrari, this one in particular:

1969 Ferrari F1 as raced at the South African GP - IMHO one of the prettiest cars ever.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your response cruizbz. I reckon both the lotus and ferrari shark nose cars are very cool.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you think the lotus is the best Old F1 car minimental. That's a good choice.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It sounds like your also a lotus fan Rail Racer. Thanks for replying to this thread.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh my god another person likes the lotus. It sounds like it's a popular car. Thanks for the post jhardy33.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally someone who isn't voting for the lotus. That's a great picture you sent me gascarnut. I didn't know cars had tails in those days.

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Lots more nice photos the 1969 F1 season can be found at F1 1969

The early part of that season was the Height of the "Wing" era, if you can excuse the pun! Later in the season they were banned after some bad crashes caused by wing failures.

The best part is that I can remember seeing those cars in action at Kyalami in the 1969 SAGP.

Enjoy.

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Sorry for the pedantry QUOTE they had 3.5 litre engines (lots of power)
They were 3.0ltr engines. Mainly Cosworth units and I'd like to see the BRM H16.
Alfetta

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info and the links gascarnut. I still reckon the tail looks a bit weird on those old cars. To me the shape of the body of the car doesn't really fit in with the tail. But that's just how the cars were built in those days so I can't really change that. Thanks once again.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your the first person on this thread who has requested the brand BRM as their old F1 car choice alfetta. So far people have said stuff about car brands from the USA, the UK or Italy but never stuff about cars from France or Germany. Maybe these cars aren't as popular as the other manufacturers? Thanks for the post you sent me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'd like Ferraris from any era, personally, but I am thrilled when any F1 car from 1950-1970 is announced for sale that is affordable and RTR.

QUOTE (Fwick @ 27 Jan 2005, 07:00)So far people have said stuff about car brands from the USA, the UK or Italy but never stuff about cars from France or Germany. Maybe these cars aren't as popular as the other manufacturers?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point! While I wouldn't mind seeing a Mercedes or an early '60's Porsche F1, or a MATRA or Talbot-Lago, I think off-hand that's about all you're looking at for F1 types from 1950-1970 from France or Germany, where you have rather more of a choice from the other nations and more of a lasting prescence with the exception of the Eagle. Just a thought.

Bob Gross

1 - 20 of 21 Posts