SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE my christmas list deserves one Racer 330P4. Beauties.
Beauties? Yes, without a doubt.
Racers? I don't think so!
Will YOU race it, Matt?
If not, then maybe a diecast would be better value?
It's that terrible dilemma again!

G

·
The point is that if you have a really expensive resin car it's always capable of being raced/driven were as a cast static model is not. So why would anyone buy an expensive model you can never Use :question:

RR

·
Registered
119 Posts
I couldn't agree more, Rail Racer. There's nothing quite like a model of a classic race emulating the protoype and power sliding through a corner, or a modern car blasting through your own version of the Masta Kink or Mulsanne, lights ablaze. It doesn't matter whether its expensive, resin, RTR or handmade.

You don't have to race them but a little spirited driving does wonders for the soul. Someone on a board somewhere had a signature that was like "kneeling beside the track, one eye squinting" or similar. I don't kneel, I found a chair, but there's chalk and cheese comparing a static model on a shelf to a well modelled car drifting through a bend then powering down a straight. Imagine if the Ferrari's in mtucker's original pic were moving instead of posed. Animated gif or movie, anyone?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts