SlotForum banner

Bernard's Slot Car Museum

29K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  SAMPSON 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
Thought i would post a few pictures on my museum here in Houston, Texas. There is more but i couldn't photograph it all.
While i was here a delegation visited me from the People's Republic of China. They were very excited to let me photograph them with their favorite cars .
They are the last 4 photos.

Thanks,
Bernard

See less See more
#4 ·
Totaly fabulus. I now belive in the saying Everything are bigger or better in Texas.

You must have 1000s of slotcars.

Have you ever seen a 62 Chevy impala in 1/32??

Happy x-mas and a happy new year.

#6 ·
Have been looking at your website, most impressive please keep up the good work. I have been looking for a decade for a 62 impala. The Kader one is a 64 or maybe a 63 impala. The front window and body sides are different on the 62.
Someone told me that an american manufactur sold a set with racetrack and a 62 chevy and a 62 pontiac. Have been looking ever since. think the manufacturs name was something like Eldor?

#9 ·
hi,thanks for the kind words. bernardsslotcarmuseum.com or you can google bernards slot. that should pull it up. the bottom of the front page will always list new items i bought. its usually updated once a month.you may sometimes find mistakes in the listings,but who wants to be perfect ?
thanks,bernard

#10 ·
HI

I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words ... but in this case you could write thousands upon thousands of words and post the pictures to go with them and you would still not get the full impact of Bernard's museum/collection. Must be seen to be believed and even then, takes your breath away! Bernard, thanks for posting the pictures!!

all my very best,

Charles

#11 ·
Hi Bernard,

That's amazing! I had seen the pictures Chuck took from his visit, but they were more of the individual cars, so I didn't really grasp the extent of the collection (although I saw a lot of your other collections...).

Thanks for sharing this all with us - and keep 'em coming!

Merry Christmas (get any new "gifts"?)

Don

#19 ·
Hi heres an update on cars & sets the museum has that were made between the end of ww2 & 1956 the year before Scalextric & VIP produced their 1st sets which revolutionize our hobby by making it available to the masses for the first time. Here i dont show all my cars only 1 of each sample.
Enjoy,thanks,Bernard 1st Italy.Safar-1 set,3 cars,Sila-1 set,3 cars Lr Rivarossi-1 set,1 car,Conti-1 car,Alcyon-1 set,1 car.2nd France.Paruna-1 set,1 car.3rd Germany.Bub-1 set,1 car.4th Netherlands.i car(custom display).5th UK.Vip-1 set-3 cars(i of which is a custom display)Riches-2 cars,,MRRC-1 car,custom railcars-2.6th eastern Europe.unknown maker-1 car(i think for this time period). So 6 sets & 20 cars.enjoy,Bernard

#20 ·
Hi, heres cars & sets in the museum made between 1912 to WW 2. Total in the museum is 10 sets & 45 cars.The photos are only 1 of each type,
Please enjoy,thanks,Bernard. 1st USA. Lionel-1 set,2 cars,Kokomo-2 sets,6 cars,1 truck,Marx-3 sets,13 cars+ 1 train which ran on the figure 8 roadway. 2nd UK-Kennedy-5 cars(commercial track). 3rdFrance.LR-2 sets,5 cars,commercial track-open wheel racer. 4th Germany.marklin-1 set,4 cars,tippco-2 sets,7 cars + 1 truck & trailer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.