SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Now, most of the work is done!
But my constribution was "only" the electronic assembly.

Here is a aerial photo:

And here a picture of the grandstand/pitbuilding:

And another picture with some inhabitants
:

If you want to see more... please visit my homepage. Click to "Projekte" and "Bertis Kartpark".

Thanks, Roland.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You just gave birth to an idea

I've been racing a lot on an outdoor gokarttrack located in Roskilde, DK, and it could be a good layout for my next tiny trunksize track, and make good use for those two carts hidden in the back of my drawer.
I have contacted the trackowner to get some more detailed prints of the track.

I gotta say, I love that track on your pictures, real nice scenery

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello.

Thank You for your commendation.

The grandstand is build with
- tubular aluminium profiles (do it yourself store) with suitable end caps
- most of the screws, the punched metal bar and some brackets are donate from a "metal construction kit for kids"
- on the ends of the fine steel cable (do it youtself store) are wire terminations
- the all-purpose material is the plastic plate (in Germany is the label "gutta-gliss).
This plastik plates can be cut with a cutter knife and can be glued with plastic-glue very fast and solid.
- the sidewall and the roof from the pit is made of transparent plates and then they are sticked with a adhesive "milk glass" film.
- the lattice on the grandstand is a piece of a "kitchen-lattice" where you can put up your wooden spoons in the kitchen.

hint:
The asphalt basement is rather a adhesive "skateboard deck"! This was Bertis idea when he repaired the skateboard of his son.

The kiosk in the back is a "Playmobil" building. From Playmobil you can use a lot of small decoration parts (in 1:24). Also the Kart-Trailer is a Playmobil part.

The rocker gang figures are handmade from a guy, who sells sometimes parts on ebay. Very well done!

Tschau, Roland.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello.

Berti starts to build in autumn 2003. But in winter it wasn´t possible to build because the room is to big that you can heat it. And Berti starts allone... and he earns his money with construction for exhibition, window-dressing and advertising (print). Oh, he designs a wonderful flysheet for the Kartpark (pdf-download comming soon). And in winter he have a lot of work with christmas decoration... and this delays the project.
Last year Paul (the fitting-foam-glue hill-designer) assists him and the Track took a great step forward. What you cannot see at the pictures. The foam-glue hills gets the finish with a steel-brush in a drill mashine! Very good idea (but a big mess).
This year the electric part was finished and all buildings took their final place.
Scenery-details, figures, strew material... the "peanuts" came the last two months.
At last, the trailer gets a new transport frame. The four single plates can be stack one upon the other.

The buildings and the most figures are from
Pola. (Click to the pola sighn lower left corner).
Its M 1:22,5 track gage "G" (Lehmann garden modellrailway LGB).

In the future, we will add some gimmicks (when the kartpark will get a positiv feedback and when we have fun and time to do it):
- a little fog mashine, with little fog outletts on some track areas. Controlled with light barriers (only few fog for effect)
- some light-effects in/on buildings (and I think about a flying spark simulation on a track piece)
- Minicameras near the track with videoscreen
- Camera-Car (for fun)

But, the time to build is rare. I have two boys (4 years an 8 weeks) and they have priority. For me its only fun to build something...
... for Berti it´s fun too, but also business!

Ciao, Roland.

PS: My website in english... who wants to correct my bad english!? Volunteers? I think my english is too bad for a international homepage! I´m not fear to disgrace myself... but with so many wrong articulation... my homepage will enter the "TopTen of the funniest homepages of the world"

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
To read Roland's website in English (or at least a "sort of" version of English
) just go to Google click on the Language Tools button and paste in the website address into the box calleed "Translate Web page" and choose German to English. Or click on this link

Enjoy, it is wonderful, wonderful stuff!

SRT In English

All the best,
Stephen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.