SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having viewed the major e-tailors it would appear that the best pictures of the Scalextric 2004 range are at Slotcity.

Thank you to Jon for providing such good pictures.

MRE and Pendle are a close second.

What has happened to the others such as Getslotted and Scalemodels?

Come on boys, you have some catching up to do!

Cheers
Moped

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Moped

QUOTE it would appear that the best pictures of the Scalextric 2004 range are at Slotcity

I took a look at the Slot City site (found the link, thanks to the great links page on Slotforum, courtesy of Wankel), but I couldn't find any pictures of any of the Scalextric 2004 range! Perhaps you can help me here?

Loads of pictures of the real cars, including the yet-to-be-launched 2004 Renault F1 (looks just like the 2003 car). It also looks like Scalextric are reproducing the 2003 McLaren and Williams F1 cars and calling them 2004 versions!

QUOTE MRE and Pendle are a close second.

I couldn't find any pictures on the Pendle site....

Here's what the 2004 Williams looks like (link courtesy of Xlot):

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Click on this link:-

Slotcity new Scalextric first page of five

Then click on one of the images on the left of the description. Then click on the "enlarge image" link.

That should help.

At Pendle or MRE you have to click on the image to enlarge it but they are still a bit small and fuzzy.

No doubt they all look at each others web sites any way!

Of course if anybody knows of a site with even better pictures feel free to advise. Some of us like BIG clear Scalextric pictures to drool over.

Moped

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE Of course if anybody knows of a site with even better pictures feel free to advise. Some of us like BIG clear Scalextric pictures to drool over.

I could only oblige, but it's too early for pic searching.
the latter, maybe some of us regurgitate what we just had to eat!

Rob.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I believe Russell was making the clarifying point that there are in fact very few pictures of the Scalextric Models, whereas there are QUOTE Loads of pictures of the real cars,
Not quite the same thing.
Nice to see the real ones - of course!
But they are not pics of Scalextric models.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
They appear to be straight out of the catalogue.

Now with Hornby striving for the realism that they do these days how can you say for certain that they are not the actaul models of the new range for 2004 on a true life digital image background?

And true to life the vintage formula one cars are going to be black and white, or shades of grey?

Moped

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Thanks for the link to the Slot City images, Moped.

Could you please give us the link to the pictures on the Pendle web-site?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Unfortunately, these are the only pictures available at the moment. Though we will obviously start getting pictures of the Scalextric cars as the year progesses.

We are hoping to be able to replace the pictures on our site with better quality pictures in the near future. Hopefully there will be some Moto GP pictures as well soon. A number of these were on display, but there is still a ban on pictures.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Hey Jon - not complaining about your pics, not one bit!
Good on you for posting them.

Belatedly - that's a VERY striking GT40 posted by Nuro and I'd have it in a flash.
Thinks . . .
I wonder of Wankel will complain about someone inking in those beautifully fine black 'shut lines'?

More thinks . . .
What's a fine looking GT40 doing hidden in a joint called 'vettefiles.com' anyway?
Maybe a secret stash of Nuro's!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Tropi @ 10 Jan 2004, 02:52 PM)Belatedly - that's a VERY striking GT40 posted by Nuro and I'd have it in a flash.
It's not a GT40 - even though it says so on the side. It's a 2005 Ford GT! Compared to a C5 Vette, it's 3 inches longer, 3 inches wider and 3 inches lower in height.

Vettefile is a stash of sorts. I'll show you what's there one day.

500bhp supercharged 5.4L - with rather prestigious heritage.

Check this out!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
We have just returned back from Hornby to pre-view the new range. Unfortunately there was very little in the way of new cars see or take digital pictures of. There were 4 absolutely stunning bikes on display but taking photo's of them was strictly forbidden. Whilst there we had the chance to discuss one or two items with Adrian Norman, who had just recieved a delivery of cars and bikes to take to the Paris toy fair in the coming week. These included the new Audi TT Coupe & Porsche Boxster from the budget range of cars. As expected the cars are made from one piece bodies similar to the Aussie Holdens & Commodore V8's. The Audi worked exceptionally well on the track. Most images which are currently being shown on websites are taken from the new Scalextric catalogue which will be released very soon. The images which we were able to take at Hornby will be posted on our website in the next few days.
Sean

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I can take or leave any pictures I see on any site. Until I see something in the flesh I remain unconvinced. But. If you want an honest opinion,knowledgeable and concise then there is no-one better than Sean. Second to none in his knowledge and experience

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice pics even if they aren't the actual Scaley models, but that Lister is one mean looking muther! and I really want one!

Mark

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't mean to offend anybody with my observations and I appreciate the gossip Mr Pendle.

You will note that you have had mentioned a few retailers here. The members of Slotforum probably know all of you anyway and you will understand that I didn't really want to exclude anybody from the topic of Scalextric catalogue shots. You all have your priorities and you will each have your turn throughout the year to get a "Moped Award" for excellence!

Your sites are being watched! (Retailers all go
)

Any publicity is good publicity as they say.

Moped

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Don`t stress mate. I didn`t read it as offensive and you are bang on right, we all know the lads who do the selling. It`s not a massive Indutry and from what I`ve seen on SF people have their favourites but respect the main guys.

If we can`t state our honest opinions and it`s just a case of blowing sunshine up arses then i`d bail out and take up knitting or similar!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts