SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which track do you like best for club racing?
Artin12.63%
Carrera410.53%
Ninco718.42%
Routed Copper Tape1231.58%
Routed Magnabraid718.42%
Scalextric Sport615.79%
Scalextric Classic12.63%
SCX00.00%
Other00.00%

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This will of course prove nothing, but I wondered what the opinion was here...

Also please vote in the home track poll

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
the only thing that kept me away from voting coper tape was (since i never tried it, but i could guess
) that sponge tires things wich i supose all wood tracks need. i only know rubbers

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I presume that copper tape is preferable to magnabraid for clubs because when a new member says 'can we race with magnets', the rest of the club can say 'we would love to, but it doesnt work on our track! So sorry!!!!'

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't understand why more people don't use magna braid. Sure, it costs more intitially but it's a one time purchase. Plus, it allows you to run more cars. Anything that allows more cars is good. Limiting yourself is bad.

I'm a fan of braid for these bigger cars, no if ands or buts about that. Copper tape allows the budget concious to get a track together real fast so you can race right away but that's about it. Older tracks that are still in use should be switched over to magnetic braid when 1) Funds allow it or 2) it's time for new conductors. For home use, it really doesn't matter but for a club, they need the flexibility.

I think Astro is right in his last post

1 - 5 of 5 Posts