SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
good question René

It's a prototype, if I build a track for you, it's very expensive. But if you find someone how make it in mass production (I think about SlotCircuit for exemple), it would be cheaper.

thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the update to English. This sounds like a fantastic race setup yet it's pretty simple. I like the idea of not having to worry about lane changing and letting the system do it for you. I'm intrigued by the concept and I would like to learn more about it. Please keep us informed or let me know how I can get additional information.

Thanks

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
David

Very impressive and the best digital setup I've seen.

Do you have any photographs of the guide setup in the cars?.

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the congratulations

QUOTE Please keep us informed or let me know how I can get additional information

I will update my website all along the building of prototype Barcelona track

QUOTE the guide setup in the cars?.

I'm not sure I have understandood (sorry, I'm french). Guide under the car is standard but there is an electronic chip between guide and motor. For the moment, it's a diode from Circuit Z (Jouef).

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE but there is an electronic chip between guide and motor. For the moment, it's a diode from Circuit Z (Jouef).

Is this a digital train controller?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi,

I know only one good explaination of circuit z but in french, perhaps someone know one in english

the website : 140slot, then click on jouef and circuit z.

It's an analogic system to control only too cars, but for test a prototype, it's very good and very cheap. only 3 euros for the power supply and the decoder in the 2 cars.

for my own tests, I run with 3 cars, 2 are runing with the same speed controler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to assume that you are using an AC power pack and there must be diodes also in the controllers? One car must use the positive side of the AC wave while the other car using the negative side. The diodes are installed in opposite directions and the capacitor in the car is used to filer the sine wave. Is this correct?

How does this system work as compared to a DC power supply?

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
I find this system to be very interesting, and congratulate blst on his efforts!

One question I have, though, concerns the automatic nature of the lane change. Does this not upset a driver's rhythm and concentration when a lane change occurs? If you drive anticipating best line, but then get switched to another lane, won't this cause problems for the driver?

Just curious as to how drivers would be affected.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
hi,

Beppe, thank you for the topic.

Fergy, your question show me that you have very well intergrated my system.

In fact, on the 20 switches of barcelona track, only 3 are available to lane change for overtaking. When you know where they are, you just have to brake later to be automatically swiched. So, you can easily anticipate when you want to overtake.

The anti-collision system give the priority to the fastest driver, in other words, to the car who overtakes.

Attention, when you overtake, you are not on the racing lane, you must be carefull to drive, like in real race.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

Many poeple ask me about electronic

Digital power are too expensive for me. So, I use Circuit Z power to control 2 cars and this picture show the sensor to activate the switch when a car is on it.

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi, blst!

Thanks for sharing the circuit diagram with us. You just saved 1000 english words of explaining.

Julius

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
good joke, lordjw. You know I'm french and because of my poor english, I can't put 3 words in the good order in a sentence.

there is too parts in this circuit : power & control (from Circuit Z) and sensor (from rail way).

M ( a and b ) = cars

speed controlers ( a and b ) are on left top of the picture, the resistor (4.7 k) is here to detect a car on the sensor area (canton in french) when it is stoped.

switch = switching mechanism

sorry, I have no more vocabulary

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Well, no problem blst ...

... I´m sure that those of us who know how to read electronic diagrams - it´s quite clear. But I´d guess that even 1000000 words aren´t enough if you try to explain it to a guy who knows nothing about this stuff. Keep up with the good work!
I´m impressed about your achievements. All you need now is proper digital control system for the cars.

Best Regards

Julius

·
Registered
12 Posts
BLST,

Excellent work and thanks again for your conversion to English.

If you are interested, you may want to check out another board SLOT CAR ILLUSTRATED as there is an interesting post using a train system for control.

I am very interested in using your best lane concept but with the train digital control system. Any idea on the circuit required using this DC system? I don't thing you can use diodes in series with the power as this may interrupt the signal to the cars. Could you use some sort of light sensor instead?

I also believe you can use this system to trigger a manual lane change. Put an infrared light in the chassis of the car pointing down with an infrared sensor in the track. The digital control system should be able to allow you to turn the infrared light on in the car and as you pass over the sensor and trigger a lane change.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Hi,

you are right for the infrared led under the car for manual lane change, for my system, it's only good to be swicthed in the pit lane. But think about lap counter and timer, a led can't transmet the car number.

There is a solution yet, in Davic System. The car transmet its number by the brends on a special part of the rail, just before the switch machanical and on the timer line.

The Davic's creator will build a "Davic light" for me and with me. it's not sure but if we do that, the specifications would be : 8 cars, a manual LC for the pit lane, a lap counter timer for PC and the possibility to change the setup (number) of the car like SCX system. Perhaps for the end of the year. But only for my prototype.

I always looking for someone who wants to build and sell my system

regards

1 - 20 of 37 Posts