SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please nominate entries in the following categories for our annual poll.

If you would like to add a category, please nominate that too.

The best RTR Slotcar of 2011

The best manufacturer of 2011

The best innovation of 2011

Best Scratchbuilt project of 2011

Best Track project of 2011

The poll will start in a week or two when nominations are in. Add nominations here if you wish or send them to me or another mod by PM or email and we'll add them to the poll.

·
David H
3,791 Posts
Best RTR Slotcar 2011
Carrera Auto Union Type C Streamliner
Carrera Mercedes W125 Streamliner

Even though they haven't hit the shops yet so I don't know how well they perform, I nominate them because they add something new and varied to a crowded market place.

Best Manufacturer 2011
Carrera: best balance of price/quality/performance/variety.
If I'm allowed two nominations, my second is SCX - for keeping modern F1 alive in 1/32 scale with their Renault Lotus releases.

I would also like to suggest a Best Retailer category. We often hear complaints about retailers. Praise is less frequent. It would be nice to be able to vote for who we've received consistently excellent service from.
My nominations are TopSlots'n'Trains, GetSlotted and LD-Discounts.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,281 Posts
I'm with stoooo on the build.

Best RTR - Mr Slotcar Mazda 787B

Best retailer - Pendle. Last minute order, got here on the other side of the country less 16 hours after my call. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
For the best innovation of 2011: InCarPro Scalextric chip firmware upgrade; awallace 1.06 Scalextric APB firmware upgrade

What about another category: Best forum contributor of 2011? Ember, MrFlippant, RikoRocket to name but a few (including all those very worthy moderators most of whose work is invisible to us
)

Lifetime achievement award: RikoRocket & Bleep for passing 5000 posts (& Doug if you can do another 120 posts quickly!)

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
The best RTR Slotcar of 2011 = MSC Ford RS200

The best manufacturer of 2011 = SCX

The best innovation of 2011 = I'm really not sure there have been any!

Best Scratchbuilt project of 2011 = Top secret (you will have to wait until 2012)

Best Track project of 2011 = Can't nominate my own, so will return Ember's kind entry "Embers Shed"

·
Premium Member
4,791 Posts
The best RTR Slotcar of 2011: Fly Alpha Abarth Grande Punto

The best manufacturer of 2011: For continuing to stretch the number and variety of enjoyable RTR cars: SCX

The best innovation of 2011: Patto's new decal making process - crisp, clear and no bleed at all.

Best Scratchbuilt project of 2011: Choc-Ice's brilliant wobbly police car

Best Track project of 2011: Jexy's rally loop

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are just nominations. If something has been previously mentioned, you don't have to add it again. You can vote later in the poll.

Please feel free to add more than one item if you wish.

Any takers for best SF topic of the year?

·
Registered
503 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 11 Dec 2011, 12:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any takers for best SF topic of the year?

I'll nominate Richardtheforths' "Beyond the Loft Hatch".

If we get a few months grace (because the following topic started last September) I'd also nominate Sig's tribute to Blade Runner, Metropolis and whatever else is going through that inventive mind!

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Does Choc-Ice's wallowing chassis come into scratch built or innovation?

Brilliant scratchbuilds, there are so many.

Frank T's Scrapyard Citroen Legiere
BalsaWorks' Barn Find Lancia which is a perfect characterisation of something different from the norm.
Just about any offering by Bosmeck for perfection of showroom finish.

That's just a few.

Embs

·
Ian
99 Posts
The best RTR Slotcar of 2011 - Pioneer P025 68 Hemi Charger 'Lady Luck' & P023 Pioneer '68 Hemi Charger 'Ace of Spades' as a Pair

The best manufacturer of 2011 - Pioneer

The best innovation of 2011 - The New Truspeed Controller

Best Scratchbuilt project of 2011 - Martins Convertible

Best Track project of 2011 - Embers Shed

Best Retailer - Pendle Slot Racing

Best single event of the Year - Gaydon 2011

Best league event of the year - Slot.it Challenge

Most Enjoyable Event of the year - Pony Wars Pendle Weekend

Best Forum comedian - DJ

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Some more nominations:

Best track:
Datto's Groom Lake Hill Climb - Innovative theme and great sense of humour.
Camber's Greenslopes Raceway - Started in 2009 it finally got to the finish line this year. With a sharp and modern feel.

Trackside project:
Kellerkind's Garage/Service Station - Yeah ok. It began mid December 2010, but really it might as well have been 2011.

Innovation: Slot Car MAG. Yeah ok, the concept itself is fairly old. But the guys have done well to get it off the ground.
I guess Slot Racer Magazine should be in consideration too to be fair, although I think it has a few issues (excuse bad pun).

I can appreciate what folks are trying to do with the idea of Retailer of the year. But I don't think it's viable or even fair. My vote for Retailer of the year would probably be Armchair Racer or Thunderbird Slot Racing but other than the Aussie and Kiwi population you folks won't even have heard of them.

My RTR purchasing has been extremely limited this year due to a combination of limited funds and limited temptation. There's no one purchase that stands out and says Wow.

I'd like to suggest a category of "Small scale producer." Perhaps that should be "Cottage Producer" so as not to sound like its scale restricted.
Nominations for me would include Penelope Pitlane, George Turner Models and MJK Engineering.

·
Registered
476 Posts
How about a 'best relivery' category to go with best scratchbuild?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.