SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My standard Fly motor in my Lister broke a long while ago and am now looking for a Slot It motor that is built for corners but is also good on straights (25/6K) maybe? Can anybody recommend one? It needs to have the inline motor system, not the sidewinder one.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Good choice to go for the 25/6K version as its got more torque than the 29K. Equals more punch and faster-to-top-speed acceleration.

Don't know exactly what type you need for that model, though. Sorry. Can't you drop an email to Sean at Pendleslotracing (as the guy's got all that stuff in his head)?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming that, I thought anything higher would have trouble on the corners. I think I did have a look for one a few months back and thought that the Slot It SIMX04 would be a good one.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Well I prefer the Slot.it Universal which is rated at 23K......ideal for plastic track use.

I've never had a failure with them and perform really well. Almost all of my cars are "non-magnet" so I'm not sure how they would perform in cars equiped with with magnets.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Codification of the slot.it motors; if you want the 25000rpm (which i think is good but depending on the track i would prefer the 23000 rpm for homeracing):

SIMF04 is the 25'000 rpm for FLY models (endbell)
SIMX04 is the 25'000 rpm without pinion which is the best if you use it for a frontliner can be use as end or canbell).

the 23'000rpm only exist as SIMX05 without pinion

Cheers
Zubi

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE Codification of the slot.it motors; if you want the 25000rpm (which i think is good but depending on the track i would prefer the 23000 rpm for homeracing):

SIMF04 is the 25'000 rpm for FLY models (endbell)
SIMX04 is the 25'000 rpm without pinion which is the best if you use it for a frontliner can be use as end or canbell).

Please could you verify what frontliner means? Does it mean a slot car that has the motor situated just behind the front wheels? I would use the car for home racing so I think 25K would be best but why would you prefer the 23K?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts