Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just nicknamed Andy at the Phoenix Club, `king Stunt`(careful how you say that!) after a mad spin where his car deslotted , span 360 degrees and went back in the slot and carried on! Mad or what. I was just thinking that you guys must have seen some weird deslots etc in your time so how bout sharing them?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to capture some of that on video. Seen a Junior racer come around the final curve on two wheels and win in a Ninco Golf. That was impressive!

·
Registered
230 Posts
At the end of my 16 foot straightaway, I have a 90 degree left-hander that also drops down about 4 inches. I was running one of my Scalextric GT3R Porsches, and I came into the corner a "little"
too hard. About halfway around, the car rolled out of the slot, and rolled 1 1/4 times so that it hit the wall with it's roof. The wall is covered with foam, so it cushions the blows from the cars. But it also tends to bounce the car back out, which it did in this case. The car rolled BACK that 1 1/4 rolls, and landed back in the slot!! That gave me a good laugh. Just wish they was someone else around to witness it

·
Registered
39 Posts
I once did two side rolls (on the roof and back twice) with an old Scalextric Mini at the end of a straight. The other car lost something on the track and the left front wheel of the Mini went over the debris and rolled twice before getting back into the slot. That was amazing and I know I will never be able to repeat it!

These small cars are so much fun to drive, with so little magnet and so little weight.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Not so much a stunt but awfully funny at the time .Some years a go at a Bolton meeting Doug Paxman desloted at the beginning of the straight .At the other end stood Nick Evans blisfully unaware of what was about to happen .The inexperienced marshall replaced Dougs car in the wrong lane ,said car then hits Nick full on in the familly jewells at about 50 mph Nick drops like a stone ,But best of all was the site of Nicks hand appearing from under the track holding Dougs car trying vainly to replace it,Now thats dedication.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I have flipped and spun 360degrees back into the slot.. working on the handbrake to J turn now..

best or rather funniest must have been rr3.9 using a yellow ramp to launch his maccyD's nascar from halfway down our pitstright and head on into the wall, about a foot the the right and it would have gone even further - out the window!! and were a storey up too!!
funny thing was, no damage!

would mind trying to sumersault over one of those carrera bridge sections..
got funny memories of them! came over side by side with 3.9 once again! front down.. back up in the air and oh look there's MY CHASSIS! OH NO! ARGH.. CRASH!

Rob.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
A good one had to be my SCX Arrows F1 car. We'd just got the big motor sorted for it and I was trying to get used to the extra power at Slot Tech. I'd just put the hammer down on the straight which goes under the bridge. As some of you may know, this straight lines up with the door to the building and after going under the bridge, it climbs up again. All of a sudden the car stops. One of the rear wheels had come off the axle. This wouldn't have been too catastrophic apart from the fact that **** was on a *** break and had the door open. A small round orange and black thing whizzed past his head into the pitch black car park, never to be seen again!!

Every cloud has a silver lining (usually the aluminium of a passing airliner!) so now I've got a pair of Slot It F1 alloys

Hopefully I intend to stage a stunt with my bus. All I need to do is find 3 minis to jump

Mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts