SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, whar are the best tyres to run Ninco track (plastic)? I usually run Carrera Plastic Tracks, no Ninco track acknowledge. Any opinion? I will Race with 956 Slot it and Porshe 997 NSR. Thanks

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Like speedy asked Magnets? If so, tyre compound is less important, and Ninco will cut up soft tyres quickly when magnet racing.

But if non-magnet,

Slot.it P6 or E1 are recommended by them, and are "medium" tyres

Ninco Prospeed 25 shore if you can find any

NSR Supergrip which will give good grip, but won't last long

Sideways "Pro-speed" formula in medium or hard, not the soft. (- Sideways Hi Grip are for the smooth tracks - Carrera and Scalextric)

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I like Slot.it F22 for Ninco track.

·
Alan Wilkinson
1,095 Posts
Prodrive,
Our club races non-mag on Ninco track.

For sprint racing, Slot.IT E1 has certainly ruled the track in recent years at Nascot Wood
However, NSR reds are very much en-vogue since mid 2019

E1 have a flatter profile, lowering your cars down to the track but have a very narrow useable track time before they fall off the cliff. many drivers get through a pair at every race meeting.

Reds have less of a tendency to rip up and seem to have a wider useable band, lasting longer and remaining consistent trough the night, however, the traction of Reds is impacted immensely by the debris picked up from the track (from other cars) and from the zippo that some use to clean them. Some have used trued, glued & oiled NSR Ultras but the Reds seem to have eclipsed that trend.

For classes where E1 and NSR reds don't fit (open wheeled racing on "F1" hubs) the Slot.IT/ PoliCar F22 work well.

For duration racing of six hours or more, slot it F22 and N18 seem to be the preference.
F22 are VERY robust but even the softer N18 can be made to last 6 hours with careful car setup and diligent monitoring.
The F22 and N18 are the mandatory compounds for DiSCA 24 hour LeMans (also on Ninco track)

Hope this helps.
Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts