SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been much into the whole clear body side of the hobby, but I see many cars on some stock lists for Betta bodies that I don't think I can get anywhere else. So my question is are Betta bodies true scale proportioned 1/32 bodies or are they the exaggerated / deformed racing style bodies to fit a Parma pan (and that type of stuff) ?

Can any one reccommend a dealer who has good stock, fair prices, and ships to the United States? Any and all input is appreciated. Thank you almighty gurus of scratchbuilding.

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Most of the Betta bodies are produced to fit a 64mm width, so they are not always close to scale. They are often still fairly well proportioned however, without some of the exaggerations that some other 1/32 vacforms have. I guess it varies from body to body, but I have found that the earlier ones (like the '60s and '70s Formula 1 cars) are quite nice.

The place to go for supply is AB Slotsport. Andy is UK-based but his service to the US is outstanding.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

the Betta bodies were produced to meet ECRA/BSCRA rules. These require that you use cars current within the last 3 years.

The width rules came in in, I think, about 71 or 72. so, bodies from 68 and prior are more likly to be scale as the rule then was "scale plus or minus 1/16th inch".

After that, the cars are supposed to be scale in length and height, but a uniform width, usually 2.5" inches for the sports and saloons and 1.25 or something for the F1s.

Fate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts