Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, I felt a disturbance in the web. It was caused by the movements of a new member to the forum. This man (or demon, as no one has seen behind his mask) has been admitted, possibly through some feint , sway, or other trickery, to our peaceful spot of sunshine. He is known as the "Turnmarshall of Doom". Welcome him cordially but do not approach him closely. He is the very essence of the dark evil that is the Paper clip of Doom. It is possible that he requires some assistance in his neverending quest for the complete domination of the Paper clip of Doom. He has managed to set the track record for a second time, and his power is growing. He needs no minions to do his evil bidding, preferring to savor his conquests personally. Bloodthirsty is an understatement. The Guardians of Doom become restless at his approach. I am hopeful they will stand fast. I am working feverishly to thwart his next plot . If anything happens to me you will know that no one is safe from his ambition. He does seem to have one weakness, I have been observing carefully for some time, and he will usually try to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
(Crash! tinkle, tinkle.......)(THUD)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you, so nice to be here. The lunacy was only exacerbated by the relentless quest for slot car speed.

Ahh... Tonight is the full moon. Such a pity that my cell has no window.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
We need more silly names and silly posters (?).

I reckon if we unmask him, in a kinda like Scooby Doo (oh, good name for an ID!) style, we will find that he is really the nice Mr Thompson who runs the store and thought he could "get away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids."

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
And Wankel isn`t a silly name?
Maybe not in your village but as you raised the point I have been meaning to ask for ages where it comes from? In fact I`m willing to offer a very special prize for the best suggestion posted whilst I`m away in Normandy. Have fun.....

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I presume that Wankel refers to the type of rotary engine beloved of Mazda. I leave any other less-sensible and probably more offensive suggestions to other members should they wish to comment.

Mark.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hmmmm. Wankle. To wankel. Wankeling.

The word "wankel" is an amalgumation of the words "wrangle" and "Think" (dropping the 'r', of course). Thus to wankel is to struggle in or with thought.

While some celtic cultures initially associate the term with those less intelligent, the nordic tribes took the term up and proudly wear it as a symbol of complex thought, deep spiritual meditation and indeed superior intellect.

Don't wankle on the definition for too long.

-Maltese

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
No, that's not wight.
In fact it's quite wwong!
Wankling is Jonathan Woss feeling wancour on his Fwiday night chat show.
Now you'd betta all wun off befoa this begins to wankle with Wankel and he closes the thwead.

Twopi

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Meco: So you wish to compete with Moped for the Bullshit of the Month award?

You almost pulled yours off though....

Lotus

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Tsch, tsch, tsch, Jonny. The clue is in my sig'. Don't you know your cars?

That mellow yellow vision in my sig' is an RX-7: twin turbo charged rotary (wankel) engined masterpiece.

I would suggest to you that Jacky Ickx is the greatest all round driver there has ever been and he took Mazda's coin to help with the launch PR of the '7.

Back in the mists of time I used to use the Wankel Ickx combination as a username/password pairing.

I love my RX, I admire Jacky's achievements and it's a hard name to forget, even if you want to.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
QUOTE it's a hard name to forget, even if you want to

I know...
. Never really liked him. I liked Jacky Stewart, and Ickx majorly held up Stewart's safety crusade by trying to look macho by refusing to wear helmets and seatbelts and the like. What a dumbass... It makes me sick when those who never pushed their luck (Cevert, Peterson, Revson and so many more...) suffered, when those who took risks all the time and had greater luck than they deserved seemed to aviod injury completely (yes, I realise Ickx had a few serious ones...).

Still don't really like him, although he has done a lot for the sport since he stopped driving in F1.

Love the rotary engine though! RX-8 is the way to go though, and you know it...

Lotus

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mystery solved. Agree that the Belgian lad is right up there with the all time greats.

I readily admit I know squat about real cars so happy to be educated. Just waiting to be picked up by my bro for our Normandy trip,in his Freelander, so clearly not knowing bout cars must run in the family!

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
QUOTE Love the rotary engine though! RX-8 is the way to go though, and you know it...

Are you baiting me, Lotus? I'll grant you the Renesis engine is an improvement but it is separated from the motor in the RX-7 by well over ten years but the RX-8 is the way to go?

Well I guess it is if you really must have four seats but the last generation of RX-7s was built without compromise, a pure-bred sports car was their goal. Not a family saloon. Aluminium was used all over the place; from the bonnet to the suspension arms to the jack.

It doesn't have cup holders.

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
QUOTE I would suggest to you that Jacky Ickx is the greatest all round driver there has ever been

I'd nominate Stirling Moss, Jim Clark and Mario Andretti as other contenders for that crown

QUOTE Ickx majorly held up Stewart's safety crusade by trying to look macho by refusing to wear helmets and seatbelts

Who was it that walked across the track at Le Mans and took time to belt up in the days of the Le Mans start?

John

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes VFR that was Mr Ickx, 69 Le mans, started last finished first, great stuff.
All the drivers mentioned were multi talented and I would add Dun Gurney to that list, but greatest all round driver
Well I know that in a lot of peoples eyes he wasn't a natural, like Clark or Senna but I think my vote would go to the only man to win F1 world championships, Le Mans & the Indy 500-Mr Graham Hill.

GT (p.s. which four of all the drivers mentioned appeared at the same race in the same type of car???)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts