SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Following the success of Double Trouble we thought it could be fun to race Hard Body 1:24 1950 -'65 GP cars and 1949 - '67 Sports/GT cars with the option of using modern components. The rules are available via the CSCRA link below. Double Trouble cars will still be eligible

We will race Sports/GT on the Raceway and the GP cars on the Scalex track as they're no wider than modern 1:32 F1 cars.

Cheers

John

Edit: This will of course be at Wellingborough, link below.

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the interest guys. Hopefully it won't clash Phil but it's impossible to arrange a date that doesn't clash with something else

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pre-50's cars will be fine as long as they're within the rules apart from the date. I believe we should make it easy for people to race.

Unfortunately the guy who made Resilient Resins bodies died some time ago.

Apart from the bodies Mick listed, RS Slotracing carry a range of resin 50's & 60's GP bodies. Hopefully Charlie will add to his range of 1:24 Classic bodies.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE Charlie Fitzpatrick (Betta & Classic) is now doing a 24th scale Vanwall as a hard (fireglass) body.

I've just remembered that he also does a vac formed Ferrari Sharknose. I wonder if he could be persuaded to do a hardbody version?

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Tony,

i think that as Ortmanns work so well at Double Trouble it makes sense to stick with them as a control tyre for this meeting too. It'll also make it easier to use Double Trouble cars as well.

The rules even have suggested tyre numbers.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Gentlemen,

As a result of having to change to a new club house, in order to keep our popular Double Trouble meeting in the calendar we are having to move this meeting to Saturday 21st and hold DT on Sunday 22 July. I hope it will not inconvenience you too much.

There a link to the DT thread below.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Hi all,

I know things have been quiet here but the club move is progressing well and we fully expect the tracks to be ready in time for this meeting and Double Trouble. it would be helpful to know how mwny entrants we are likely to have. it's certainly a great way to get twice the racing for your DT sports/GT cars if you haven't had a chance to build something new.

If you are staying over to race at DT, the nearest hotel to the club is the Holiday inn:

http://www.hicorby.com/

I haven't had a chance to contact them at all as I've had a fair bit of unexpected stuff going on and will be busy right up to gouing away this weekend. I'm sure that they should be able to host us for an evening meal as they have vacancies for that weekend. Can you mention that you'd like an evening meal when booking? I don't expect that we'll have quite as many entrants as usual due to the recent uncertainty about whether we'd be moved in time. It would be useful to know how many will be staying and if others would like to attend the meal, I'll try to contact them.

I will be away from next Friday until July 17th but will check the Forum any time I can get to a computer. This holiday is much needed and was booked long before we knew the club was moving
I'm looking forward to seeing you next month.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Hi Bill,

I had a really good ride home. New tyres on the bike helped, perhaps I should have tried the same with my slot cars. I don't know anything about taking advantage of speed cameras due to bikes not having a front number plate

I'll look forward to seeing you at DT and am looking forward to seeing your new cars.

cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi guys,

Having given the matter a lot of serious thought I think it is best that we do not reschedule the meeting for this year but we will be announcing the date for next year soon.

The only dates left in a very crowded calendar would mean that the meeting would have to take place very close to others that likely competitors would also be entering. This might have a detrimental effect on the entries for all those events.

Cheers

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.