SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Tony,
Car standards can be found on the CSCRA web site. Link below.
It's all based on the previous event at North London and discussions between myself, Dick Smith and Malcolm at Wolves a couple of years ago.
North London have never repeated that first event and Malcolm has never found space in the busy schedule at Wolves to fit in an event so John and I thought we should give it a go at Wellingborough to see how polpular it will be.
There are Ortmann tyre recomendations in the CSCRA rules.

Owen,
Whilst I think most people will go fo Merit based GP cars there are a number of resin bodies around if you search.
Don't forget it's not just for '50s cars you can also run a 1 1/2 litre car and there were several of these cars produced by Cox, Revell, Strombecker etc.
For the Sports Cars there are lots of kits around and Carrera have been producing some excellent 1/24th cars over the past several years.
Many of the 'Double Trouble' Sports Cars will also be eligible.

Cheers.
Mick.

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Hi John,
Yes, any Sports car that raced before the end of 1967 will be eligible.
The end of 1967 provides a logical break for Sports cars with the end of the unlimited prototypes at Le Mans and the rapid increase in tyre widths that happened during 1968.
Cheers.
Mick.

· Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Hi Phil,
To anyone used to seeing D3 cars which run 'on the deck' 3mm may seem excessive.
However most real cars from that period would have run with about 6 inches of clearance.
That's about 6mm in 1/24th scale.
Looked at that way 3mm is not so bad.

The aim of the event is to find out if there is sufficient interest in racing 1/24th 'Scale' cars in the same way as we do with 1/32nd scale.
No one is going to be ultra critical in scrutineering these cars at this first meeting.

Cheers.
Mick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.