SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Le Mans Classic is the weekend of the 7th/8th so no clash there

I came accross these in the workshop while I was looking for something else, had them for a few years (I didn't build them) but there has never been an event that they would be suitable for, I know they are pre 1950 but is there any chance that they might be ok for this event

Especially as I have now got some suitable Ortmann tyres for the Gilmore special!

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Great John

I'll make a start on them right away!

I found this line in the rules which seem to predict that something like this might crop up for this class,
"If, however, 1/24th scale racing proves popular then the standards can be expanded to cater for other periods"

I've checked out the cars and the geen #4 car is a Monroe, driven by Gaston Chevrolet to first place in 1920, I'll motorize this car but I think it will be too high and narrow to run at all well.

The #5 car is a Gilmore Speedway Special (Wetteroth chassis) driven to first place by Kelly Petillo in 1935 the first ever win for the four cyl. Offy engine.
This should convert quite well I think

BTW both these are Aurora kits.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Thanks John
I can't get on the CSCRA website so perhaps you may know, are angle winders ok in the Grand Sports class?
I have a Ted Martin built Lola T70 that uses one of those modern German Meccano type chassis and was hoping it may be ok to use.

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
Thanks Mick, so the anglewinder is ok but now reading the rules I see there is a 3mm min ground clearance rule!
No way will it be legal then, 3mm seems a bit much of you are using modern components such as the Meccano type chassis this car has, almost impossible to achieve without putting oversized wheels and tyres on I would think.
Oh well back to the drawing board

· Phil Smith
2,740 Posts
I just took the body off the Lola and it seems one good thing about all those nuts and bolts is that it is infinitely adjustable! so I should be able to achieve the 3mm clearance

Not sure what it will run like but at least any passing buses will be able to drive underneath

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.