SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
Hi john / mick
Just had a look at the regs ,seems we need to use rubber tyres ,are you having an ortman control tyre or are we allowed free choice

Cheers tony

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Tony,

i think that as Ortmanns work so well at Double Trouble it makes sense to stick with them as a control tyre for this meeting too. It'll also make it easier to use Double Trouble cars as well.

The rules even have suggested tyre numbers.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Gentlemen,

As a result of having to change to a new club house, in order to keep our popular Double Trouble meeting in the calendar we are having to move this meeting to Saturday 21st and hold DT on Sunday 22 July. I hope it will not inconvenience you too much.

There a link to the DT thread below.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Hi all,

I know things have been quiet here but the club move is progressing well and we fully expect the tracks to be ready in time for this meeting and Double Trouble. it would be helpful to know how mwny entrants we are likely to have. it's certainly a great way to get twice the racing for your DT sports/GT cars if you haven't had a chance to build something new.

If you are staying over to race at DT, the nearest hotel to the club is the Holiday inn:

http://www.hicorby.com/

I haven't had a chance to contact them at all as I've had a fair bit of unexpected stuff going on and will be busy right up to gouing away this weekend. I'm sure that they should be able to host us for an evening meal as they have vacancies for that weekend. Can you mention that you'd like an evening meal when booking? I don't expect that we'll have quite as many entrants as usual due to the recent uncertainty about whether we'd be moved in time. It would be useful to know how many will be staying and if others would like to attend the meal, I'll try to contact them.

I will be away from next Friday until July 17th but will check the Forum any time I can get to a computer. This holiday is much needed and was booked long before we knew the club was moving
I'm looking forward to seeing you next month.

Cheers

John

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Why bother with Ebay? I got a SMEC Alfa 158 from a shop called Magic Box?? in cornwall for £3.99 plus postage (the car cost £6 with postage) when we were running the hard body 1930 class at North London. Surley someone is still importing them they were reissues??? Remade by NOVO in the USSR???
Regards Allan

· Registered
4,084 Posts
Hi John.
Good to meet up again at Yorkley, hope you had a good ride home with the better weather.
I will be entering D/T for the Sunday only...never been keen on 'Big birds'! Main aim is a good result in the 1.32 class, tall order to win it again this year, as I have now retired the Ex Ralph Parker Porsche. My 'new' model should be quicker, but maybe not so high scoreing in Concours. I will enter the 1.24 as well and hope my good friend Rob Davies will supply me with some wheels for this...if not, on the scrounge from anyone...please!
Have a good holiday,
see you soon.
Regards Bill.

· John Roche
4,366 Posts
Hi Bill,

I had a really good ride home. New tyres on the bike helped, perhaps I should have tried the same with my slot cars. I don't know anything about taking advantage of speed cameras due to bikes not having a front number plate

I'll look forward to seeing you at DT and am looking forward to seeing your new cars.

cheers

John

· Tony Condon
3,014 Posts
HiJohn
For the double trouble 1/24 class .i,ve got a 26d powered cucaracha chassis
Is this eligible with the fact it has relatively small front wheels which are not easy to change
It is a geniune piece of 60s kit

cheers tony

· Phil Smith
2,735 Posts
Thanks John
I can't get on the CSCRA website so perhaps you may know, are angle winders ok in the Grand Sports class?
I have a Ted Martin built Lola T70 that uses one of those modern German Meccano type chassis and was hoping it may be ok to use.

· Phil Smith
2,735 Posts
Thanks Mick, so the anglewinder is ok but now reading the rules I see there is a 3mm min ground clearance rule!
No way will it be legal then, 3mm seems a bit much of you are using modern components such as the Meccano type chassis this car has, almost impossible to achieve without putting oversized wheels and tyres on I would think.
Oh well back to the drawing board

· Phil Smith
2,735 Posts
I just took the body off the Lola and it seems one good thing about all those nuts and bolts is that it is infinitely adjustable! so I should be able to achieve the 3mm clearance

Not sure what it will run like but at least any passing buses will be able to drive underneath

· Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Hi Phil,
To anyone used to seeing D3 cars which run 'on the deck' 3mm may seem excessive.
However most real cars from that period would have run with about 6 inches of clearance.
That's about 6mm in 1/24th scale.
Looked at that way 3mm is not so bad.

The aim of the event is to find out if there is sufficient interest in racing 1/24th 'Scale' cars in the same way as we do with 1/32nd scale.
No one is going to be ultra critical in scrutineering these cars at this first meeting.

Cheers.
Mick.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.