SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much interest would there be for a 1:24 race meeting for GP cars from '50 -'65 and pre '68 Sports/GT cars to CSCRA rules?

We'd like to run the meeting at Wellingborough using the raceway for Sports/GT and the 1:32 track for the GP cars, they're the same max width as 1:32 modern F1's.

The sports class would allow most of the existing Hard-body Double Trouble vintage cars to be used. It would be fun to build some new stuff using modern components though.

Who's up for this?

Cheers

John

·
Phil Smith
2,622 Posts
Not much response to this John!
So I'll be the first to say that I'd be up for this (though I suspect that'll put more people off than on!)

The Merit class race we ran a couple of years ago at North London was very successful and I guess most who attended that will still have suitable cars.
Maybe the sports class is a bit similar to your double trouble meeting,
how about GP/indy cars from 'not sure' but up to and including the turbo era?

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Phil,

I haven't been able to get to Wellinbugger for a while but hope to next week. I think we'll just go ahead and pick a date and hope enough people turn up to race.

As you say, Double Trouble cars would be eligible as would Those Merit cars but it would be interesting to see what could be done with modern components too.

Look for a date being announced next week.

Cheers

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts