SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi all, I was in a local model shop today and found this second hand car, having never heard of the brand Big Slot and this being quite a nice model with interesting case I tough what the hell so bought it.

Just wondering if someone can shed some light on the brand history and the cars in general? Unfortunately all my tracks are tucked away for a week or two as I would quite like to run it.

Thanks Rob

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Well, unless two separate companies can come up with the same awful, slab-sided model of a Mondeo, I would have to say that is a Hornby car with some different wheels on it, placed in a Proslot box.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 28 Jan 2012, 13:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, unless two separate companies can come up with the same awful, slab-sided model of a Mondeo, I would have to say that is a Hornby car with some different wheels on it
That was my first thought, as well. It's even got the grossly over-sized mirrors.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Indeed it is a Hornby/scaley car I originally thought the mirrors were fitted lieu of missing original, thanks for shedding light on the wheels, box etc, so is Big Slot not a car manufacturer?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Still worth hanging on to IMO, all sorts of stuff becomes collectable for all sorts of wierd reasons........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts