SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Hello Henri
Simple reason why less 1/24 cars are seen is size, as in size needed for a decent 1/24 home track...which in plastic is only possible with Carrera and Scaleauto.
So most 1/24 digital cars found on the web are stock Carrera chipped.
An other reason why you won't find much on more performant 1/24 digital cars (GRP bodies/ metal chassis/sponge) is their fragility (compared to 1/32 car) and lack of Digitized 1/24 Club tracks.

I returned to 1/32 scale a decade ago with the intent to learn and apply the format to the 1/24 scale cars I was racing back then.
But the more I learned the more I came to realize that 1/32 is the ideal scale for digital racing.
For a digital race you need more track space, rule of thumb 3-5m per 1/32 car.
So imagine what that would mean for your track size for 1/24 cars?

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes Tamar, clearly, and understandably, totally agree with these arguments. the metal chassis can be solved, the fragility almost not ... and then the space ..

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
I've also installed a D132 chip into a ScaleAuto Audi R8 GT3 and it ran nicely. I expect an oXigen chip would be no problem.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
There was a series of 1/24 digital races more than a decade ago in Belgium.
The SRCB (Charleroi) had the Davic system installed on their 1/24 Carrera "Suzuka" track.
Attended 2 races, one with 1/24 BRM GrC bodies with "metal" chassis, one with LMP & GT bodies.
Full article to be found here

With kind regards
Tamar

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was a series of 1/24 digital races more than a decade ago in Belgium.
The SRCB (Charleroi) had the Davic system installed on their 1/24 Carrera "Suzuka" track.
Attended 2 races, one with 1/24 BRM GrC bodies with "metal" chassis, one with LMP & GT bodies.
Full article to be found here

With kind regards
Tamar
woww Nice,
and also surprised about the group c cars, considering I had 6 slot.it cars chipped with Carrera digital, this turned out to be a disaster, I drove underthrough other cars if you didn't put your brakes on in time..lol

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Hi Henri
If you look at the oXigen chipping database, there is a 1/24 scaleauto with metal chassis I have chipped: oXigen Chipping Database
Not the best of my installation and I have improved from that first one. The huge amount of real estate available is scary :eek:
I have done also a 1/24 scaleauto porsche RSR with the plastic chassis.

And here you can them running on my "indoor" oXigen carrera track.
I am using RCSO2 with fuel and tyres simulations that is why at the start of the session the cars look so sluggish:

Reactions: LMP

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
One of my dreams is to have a small series of 1/24 GT3. I have ordered bodies from Slotfabrik and to keep cost low I am planning to test them on the scaleauto home chassis with sponge tyres.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Henri
If you look at the oXigen chipping database, there is a 1/24 scaleauto with metal chassis I have chipped: oXigen Chipping Database
Not the best of my installation and I have improved from that first one. The huge amount of real estate available is scary :eek:
I have done also a 1/24 scaleauto porsche RSR with the plastic chassis.

And here you can them running on my "indoor" oXigen carrera track.
I am using RCSO2 with fuel and tyres simulations that is why at the start of the session the cars look so sluggish:

wooww very nice, love it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts