Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
The biggest I have heard of was the mesac track in the USA now long gone ,Im sure prof Fate can give us some facts and figures about it .But the biggest I have personally raced on was the old Accrington Track 4 lane 202 ft in the 60s we later replaced it with a simmilar track with wider lane spacing for 1/24.
I believe there where other similar size tracks in the UK at the time but now there all defunct

·
Registered
714 Posts
I wonder how many £30 Argos sets you'd have to buy to match that layout?

It's magnificent, but it must have cost a fortune!

·
Registered
119 Posts
For the stats on the MESAC track, I checked Model Car Racing #8. This track was permanent and sections could be switched in & out, very much like a modern real race track. Although there was more track length actually laid, it seems you could not configure all of it in one hit. The longest track configuration seems to be 'De Tomaso' at 188.75 feet.
The longest that I know of in Aus is at Sydney City Slots, an 8-lane 1/24 Purple Mile making it 220 feet.

Denmark is still in the lead.

·
Rich Dumas
3,539 Posts
I ran on a commercial 1/24th track that was located in Centereach on Long Island, NY. The track was called "White Lightning" and was a 260ft. 8 lane Englemann. The track was located in a shopping mall and was only in business for a short time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It might not be the biggest, but it's up there. 202 foot long 4 lane Revell powered by a 30 amp, 0-15V Zurich power supply. Has about 650 feet of 16 guage wire spread out through 18 power supply tracks. Track was a little too big for my 20 by 40 foot garage, so I changed it a little. Presently is 191 feet long and occupies only 168 square feet of space. Sits on a little more than five 4' x 8' tables. One 24 foot and one 25 foot straight-a-way. Monza banked curves are set at 48 degrees. There are two adjustable jumps in the layout that can be easily removed in seconds. Lap record so far is 10.990 sec. by a lexan bodied Pro-Track Mercedes CLK w/ carbon fiber axles, ball bearing bushings, and a 29,000 rpm Slot-it motor.

This is how it looks now. It's not done yet but it's getting closer. Want to put an "O" guage train layout inside of it and detail the track with scenery. Still have some work to do to finish the bridges and overpasses too.

c-ya

Rev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We dont use binoculars
When we drive we sit on a bench that is placed a little high, and yes it was pretty expensive - i think it was about 10.000 euro.
Thanks for all your comments.
Ole

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (ole @ 14 Jan 2004, 05:32 PM)We dont use binoculars

Ole, what is the size in length and width of the circuit? Do you have a diagram showing the whole layout??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts