SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts

Hi all,

Maybe you have not noticed the time flying past but next month, September 16th to be precise, sees SlotForum.com reach the one year mark

In this relatively short space of time, we have grown to just over 1000 members and been the front runners in innovation, reviews and style on the International Slot Car online scene.

In short SlotForum.com has become THE place to visit for the Slot car enthusiast worldwide and this is down to you guys

Forums are nothing without the support and interaction from their members so from Nuro, myself (Swissracer) and the rest of the moderator team -

THANKS! for making the work and effort on our part worthwhile.

Now, both to celebrate our First Birthday and to say thank you in a fun way, we are holding a
SlotForum.com Happy Birthday Bash at Swiss Race Bahn

This will take place over the weekend of 24th / 25th / 26th September just outside Zürich, Switzerland so is central to many of our European members.

Full details to follow but there will be many races with prizes, including a bad weather night race on Mugello (Fog assured
) Sponsored by Overdrive and a full endurance race on Suzuka to name just two. This is also the weekend of the first ever Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix so we will attempt to get this shown at the track along with racing films and footage.

SlotForum.com will also be awarding the SF Championship Trophy for the driver accumulating the most points over the weekend for all the races and a concourse Competition judged by all attendees.

Places will be limited for this Event so if you are interested please Email me for further details at [email protected]

Accomodation can be booked for you and pick up / drop off from Zürich Airport or Main Station is guaranteed.

Watch this space for changes and additions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

Count me in please. I can hardly wait to race the fantastic looking tracks and put some faces to names from the No.1 slot car web resourse and forum.

This is going to be the slot event of the year as far as I am concerned

Should I bring along my video camera do you think? You had better make sure you are all wearing your Sunday best then!

Julian.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Ah! Too far, and first weekend of Uni... but otherwise I'd love to be there, looks awesome. How about if I just send a photo of me that you can print out?

McLaren

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 24 Aug 2004, 11:39)Ah! Too far, and first weekend of Uni... but otherwise I'd love to be there, looks awesome. How about if I just send a photo of me that you can print out?

McLaren
Hey there McLaren!

Shame you won't be along, however, the first week of uni huh? That would be Fresher's week then.... repeat after me.... beer, girls, beer, girls, beer, girls. Continue until at least Xmas

Cheers,

Julian.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Grah1, we still finding time to run the Proxy?

Mclaren - Oh dear - repeat after me....

" Uni is to get me an education - study has bugger all to do with it"

·
Registered
759 Posts
It sure sounds like a great weekend! I'd love to come too, but I don't have the dough to get there at the moment
. One day though...
. Would be very nice to meet you all in person, and to drive all those fantastic looking tracks too

Have a great time all that can make it, and let us know how it all went

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Bu**er
The French trip is already booked. My Darling wife is small but exceedingly viscious. I shall miss out this year. BUT next? mmmm
Alfetta

·
DT
5,195 Posts
We've chosen the uniforms for the guys parking cars outside:

And for the turn-marshals inside:

See you there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
aaaaaaaaaaahhhh I would love to go....but my work wont let met me

It would be nice to see all of you from the forum...please take some pictures and give a full report.

Morten

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
I'll be there (
virtually
)... I'll be bringing a number of virtual race cars too!

Congrats to the Slot Forum
Huzzah! to all who make it the great resource it is!

Greenman62

·
Registered
773 Posts
...would be great to meet you at the track! But tonight I'm adding some faces to the names of Pheonix-members - will be up there in app. 2,5h guys!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts