SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Slot City
331 Posts
QUOTE Mmmmmmmm - no Phil Smith, Pendle or Scale Models and smaller than usual.

Of course it couldn't have anything to do with there being too many swapmeets could it?

Not that I am one to say, "I told you so"........... Cue for Rob Learmouth to disagree again I suppose!

Personally, I was at Rockingham for the final meet of the season getting covered in tyre smoke - absolutely the canine round things (you had to be there)!

Brian

Brian,

To suggest that Robert has been the one pushing for an unrealistic number of events is wrong and totally incorrect. In fact, Robert has done more than most to try and preserve the established events on the NSCC calendar (such as Evesham), and to ensure that there is a good balance.

Slot cars are continually growing in popularity, and to suggest that the previous calander of six or so events was enough is rubbish - especially when you consider that these were all closed events (NSCC members only).

There is enough demand to support even more events than there are at present, but these have to be the right kind of events. Running a poorly advertised event, with nothing but dealer tables, in a school / sports hall in the middle of nowhere and limiting entrance to NSCC members is not the right kind of event. These events will disappear, and I for one will not miss them.

The event we held in Slough was well attended and we received excellent feedback from the public and dealers. This attracted a lot of people who hadn't been to an event before, quite a few left asking when the next one was. We'll be continuing our plan for what events should be like with our next event in Swindon on January 9th.

Things will sort themselves out over the next year or two, as market forces will decide which events survive and which ones don't.

Jon,
Slot City.

· Slot City
331 Posts
QUOTE I took a friend that races HO and there were virtually no HO cars or parts.
Cars and parts not priced and some with silly prices on them.
Traders that a were not willing to bargain even a few pounds on £25 to £30 items.

You're unlikely to find many HO items at any of the slot car shows.

As regards pricing, we always try to make sure everything is clearly priced though sometimes things can get a bit manic (especially at the beginning of the day) and its not always possible. I'm sure this is the case for some of the dealers referred to.

I'm also not normally 'open to negotiation' on prices. This is for the simple reason that we use shows to clear out excess stock, and so we price items to sell. Though I sometimes wonder if it would be better to add a couple of pounds on to all our prices so that I can give discounts!

Jon,
Slot City.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.