SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,903 Posts
A nice basic list - pity many swapmeets can't get close. At Bishops Stortford we were greeted with a warning about being clamped if you parked in the wrong place. Trouble was, the wrong place was the car park outside the building.

Holding your list against what Jexy has planned for next year reveals the following;

1: An undercover place to walk around and view peoples wares.

Not only undercover, but smoke free and air-conditioned. Quite dramatic too, if I may say so.

2: Parking, this is a must if it is not near any public transport.

Only for 400 cars.

3: Somewhere that has a loo that works.

Several.

4: Facilities for a cup of tea/coffee or a cold drink.

How does a cafe selling Starbucks coffee and snacks sound?

5: Something that tells us where it is, how to get there and when it starts. (Not just the NSCC magazine).

Full colour maps and directions already done.

6: Some happy smiling traders and collectors to chat too and bargain with.

Ah.., can't guarantee that one, sorry. Not sure the way to make a trader smile has been discovered by medical science yet.

7: Some kind of display is also nice, especially for the younger generation.

How about some 1:1 cars, slot car tracks to try and motor sport films to watch.

· Registered
5,903 Posts
More swapmeets but more new car releases too. Now I know swapmeets are not just about new cars, but they are part of the attraction, that hope to get the latest thing as soon as possible.

And just one other quibble - more opportunities to spend will result in more expenditure. It's the whole basis of out of town shopping centres or malls like Blue Water and the Metro Centre. Based wholly inaccurately on my own spending patterns, I spent money on slot cars at BS I would not have spent had I stayed at home, even had i been on eBay all day. The magpie effect (bright shinny things, must buy, must have) only works when the stuff is in front of me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.