SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im new to all this im wanting to setup my track on a board which is 1200mm wide and 2400mm long
ive got classis track on the way is there somwhere i can get some ideas of track ideas or pics ive tried downloading the programme off scalextric website but my computors a bit old so its doesnt want to work

so is there already a thread with some on or anyhelp is much appreiciated
thasnks in advance

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I think there was a thread dedicated to small footprint tracks. But I wasn't able to find it in a quick search. Probably the best option would be to look through the track index that Zook pointed you toward. HERE

There is also this track by Vecbtb which has been a great reference for those with a small area with which to work.

As far as track planners go, the Scalextric one really isn't much chop anyway. I think most folks use Ultimate Racer. I used SlotMan but only for some final tweaking. Most of my planning was done on the floor, testing layouts to find what I like.

Hopefully that's given you a starting point anyway. Others will probably have more information for you.

Embs

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is a another example - link - and Hankscorpio's flatlands raceway is an epic in squeezing the most track into a similar space - link

and if you have a little more space, mcmiko's could be compressed - link.

One bit of advice I picked up here is build it and race it. You'll almost certainly want to make some changes after racing so don't spend too much time on track design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts