SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i blew up the motor on my beloved ltd ed scaley merc clk dtm, but what motor to use instead? i want something that will run cool and give a lot of power too im thinking slotit v12 the 26k version, what do you think?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cool running is a function generally outside the control of motors... (factors like power supplies, traction mags, circuit design have the major bearing). From personal experience I would recommend the sc-06 ScaleAuto 28k motor. It has the correct power characteristics not to be wasted in a Scalex CLK, it importantly has the knurled armature so that the Scalex pinion will (should!) grip the shaft properly - you may need to check this when ordering - and finally it's less than 2/3 the price of the 26k slot.it motor.

-Rob

Edit:

That's not even considering dropping a std scalex replacement, which comes with the correct wires and pinion to drop in and run straightaway. Indeed at my 'home' club circuit I proved that a std motored CLK was quicker than a 35k upgraded CLK, because the std motor's power curve matched the circuit's characteristics better than the 35k's.... So.... if I were you.... I'd drop a std replacement motor in that clk....

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a std i blew up after 2 races, i had to do one nights racing on one car the reason i thought the slot it is becausee i have tried a lot of scaleauto motors, and the slot its have on many times been voted better than scaleauto not to mention the heatsink feature in the 26k. i am looking for a bit more power than stock , but it gets raced de magged too runs suprisingly well de magged, no weights or tyre truing or stuff like that i was thouroghly impressed seing as it haddent been driven for ages, but the motor oveheated and blew so i thought that if im gonna change the motor then i might as well get a better motor also the mag runs in the frontmost position

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
I am currently running (in different cars) each of these motors. If you are using, as I am a professor motor controller, then I am firmly of the opinion that the Scaleauto is considerably more tractable, also quicker.
I am using a circuit with a good long straight and sweeping corners.
Alfetta

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm a Slot-it man myself, they really hold up for me and my magnet cars with just a little more go than a good stock motor. Eventually they heat up, too, but i've yet to smell one burning the arm. I run about a dozen of them at present, with just a couple different gearings and am quite satisfied. All that said, I've been having a great deal of fun experimenting with the SC-07 35k motors. They aren't for everyone but a real hoot in some cars. I gear them down and let the destruction begin!!!

Cheers!

·
Registered
458 Posts
i have ordered a 29k slot it v12 and after the comment about the scaleauto when geared i got a pair of mmrc 8 tooth pinions, how well do you recon my scalex lola will go (de magged) round the club track, because last time i did this the tyres werent true and it bounced everywhere. ill glue the tyres and true them but do you reckon it will still run well?

EDIT: where can i get a new body for the clk from (black amg)?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmm, satan-motor in lola? No mag? This will require a very precice trigger! The motor loves to rev quick. Got brakes? You'll need'em.
I have enough to do running those SC-07's WITH mags, ought to interesting without them. Post back on that one Goose.....Above all ,have a blast!
Cheers!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tink im gonna get neck strain trying to keep up wit it!

still does anyone know were i can et a new body for te clk from?
broken h key sorry!

·
Registered
300 Posts
QUOTE (Harry Porsche @ 3 Aug 2004, 22:57)Hmm, satan-motor in lola? No mag? This will require a very precice trigger! The motor loves to rev quick. Got brakes? You'll need'em.
I have enough to do running those SC-07's WITH mags, ought to interesting without them. Post back on that one Goose.....Above all ,have a blast!
Cheers!
Ran scaleauto's 35k satan motors in TWO non-mag cars last night
A Slot.it audi and a Scalextric McLaren Formula-1 car , all I can say is don't !!

These are WAY to powerfull for no mag setup , the thing spins up so quick its
untrue , you have to coast through the corner wait till you about straight and
then unless hell.
You do go faster than I have seen anything in a straight line though !

Think i will just drop Slot.it 29k in instead - alot safer !

Chris

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi all; I have a Slot.it 956 with a 35k sidewinder, no mag; yes, it's very fast, but also driveable on our club track, a Ninco 6 lanes of 42 mt, with a straight of almost 8 mt; I have used slot it P3 tyres and 10/36 gear, some lead weight and slim front tyres ( 16,5 mm). Try it!

P.S. You 'll need a good controller matched with the car.
Ciao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts