SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

a few weeks ago i bought a nice Fly BMW 320i ETCC (the spanish version, if you're interested...). Now, this was my first "modern" Fly, I already have some Fly Classics - 917's and so - and they are great cars. Little wonder I was hoping the Beemer would be as fun as the Porsches. Only, it wasn't. It was really fast and stuff, but then all of a sudden it could go off track apparently without a reason. I didn't even have to drive fast or anything.... I thought it was just me and getting used to the "modern" Fly way of driving. Except that things didn't improve. So I assumed modern Fly's just weren't my thing... Until I drove TDI's 320 ETTC. I was immediately 0.5 sec faster on our track, and it was huge fun to drive! Then I drove rA 651's 147 GTA and that was huge fun too. So I do like modern Fly's, I just don't like mine....

Anyone else have problems with their ETCC? And more importantly (though I do care about other people's problems off course...
) can anyone help me??

Desperately seeking Futse

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maybe you're cursed on buying your own cars....

No, just kiddin', I'm sure that there are many people on the board who can help you. And if they don't, than I just put another 6.1 on the track with the German 320...lol

Maandag koersken?????

Greetings 651rA

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
QUOTE It was really fast and stuff, but then all of a sudden it could go off track apparently without a reason.

On the straights? On the corners? I think we need a little more information to really assist here, chap.

Maybe it is throwing a tyre off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of the time in corners of course, but sometimes also accelerating out of bends. It than jumps out of the slot and just slides along the straight, half a centimetre next to the slot... Though that could be me just hitting the gas too soon...
. I'm guessing the rear tyres grip while the car is not in a straight line yet, and jumps out of the slot. But that doesn't explain why it jumps out of the slot the other times, in corners and so. And really, I'm not going too fast through the corners....

and Kristofken, dunno yet about race-avond on monday. I'll let you know this weekend...

G-reetz

·
Registered
38 Posts
check the front axle. if it has too much up and down free play try to reduce that movement untill it moves just a tiny bit. check if its moving left and right too and fix that too. you can use spacers to fix the left and right movement and some bits of plastic for the up and down movement.

The tires or the weels can be out of round and cause your car to hop when you accelerate or even if you´re just braking. If thats the case you can try to sand those untill they´re round, but in cases where the weells are too blame i just go out and buy a new set by slot.it (its a fool-proof method
)

Check the guide too. perhaps it has too much free play or it is positioned in a way that it causes you to deslot. Use a piece of track and put the car at the end of the piece and check if everything´s allright with the guide.

lots of other things can cause you to deslot, but these are the main things to check.
Good luck

Fragoso

·
Premium Member
5,689 Posts
Well I don't know about the 320 but I let my M3 bust out of the cabinet for a spin yesterday and lo and behold, running down the big straight she just threw a hissy fit and her derriere began a merry dance, culminating in a big deslot. Nasty.

I couldn't see any obvious reason for it but on looking closer I realized that the clearance on one side betwixt tyre and wheel arch was close, damn close. Were a tyre to slip off the hub just a notch it would have nothing to do but kiss the bodywork.

Out with a file and a few minutes later a greater clearance was gained. On to the track and the problem was better - not gone - but better. It took a much more aggressive throttle action to force the merry dance, which wasn't as bad as before. I'll open up the arch a bit more and glue the tyre rim to hopefully lick it.

Tyre and arch - could be the source of your troubles.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I reckon you have it sussed there. A lot of times the tyre radialy exspands and catches the wheel arch so making the car deslot. Cure is as per Wankel description,if no joy it may be the fronts. Whip them off and run with no tyres fitted to the front. If this solves it then you know cause, I would then fit PinKar skinnies to the front mate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts