SlotForum banner

BMW M4 GT3 - Call for Manufactures

Tags
bmw gt3 m4
5K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  GeeMax706 
#1 ·
BMW has already announced that they would retire the very successful M6 in GT3 racing and substitute the M6 for the M4 GT3.

The M4 has been already successful in GT4...but I was wondering how such a beautiful and massive beast as the M6 GT3 could ever be surpassed by the smaller M4...

So I have been looking for images of the new GT3 entry from BMW but I have not found much...until today:

I have to say that I like what I see in this video. Actually, I like it a lot :D

So, the car should hit the race tracks for competitions in 2022. 2021 will be dedicated to testing.

I like that massive logo/grill at the front (not so much the one on the street car) and the new rear wing (ala bentley MARKII GT3)

Now, dear slotcar manufacturers out there that are reading this, you should have plenty of time to start creating your 3D models for this car so that when the real car is ready to compete you might need to do some adjustments to your ed files and start production way before the car is almost ready to be retired (see M6 for reference).

See less See more
#2 ·
If Im not wrong, I believe the M4 was already racing in the DTM Series.

When I first saw the M6 I thought it would be too large and heavy for the GT3 and Wec Series... I was wrong.

Nevertheless the M4 should be more swift, smaller, better weight/horsepower relation, high psi turbo for sure.

I have a Carrera DTM equiped with a 3d chasis (dont remmember the Brand), SW, Slot it motor, gears, wheels and axles also from Slot it, a propper contender against many GT3, of course been a Carrera body means a lot of weight, so wont win a fight against a well prepared, fine tunned Nsr/Scaleauto /Slot it, but I like it anyway.

A Slot it or Sideways M4 would be desirable.

Cheers mates

#5 ·
Yes, the M4 badge has been racing in the DTM for a couple of series already.

I guess the M4 GT3 would be more in line with the Lexus RCF GT3 - a nice racer all around.

The Carrera M6 GT3 can be made competitive and Tamar has done a lot work into this: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184471&p=2182613

Before baking his Dark Horse in the oven, Tamar managed to set up that car to smash the track record. The body was still the Carrera one before he moved into casting it in lightweight material.

#11 ·
Yeah, the Z4 was the GT3 entry for BMW before the M6. Strange how they went from a small coupe to a very large car and then coming back to an almost hothach.
There's a simple reason for that which is as old as Automotive racing: Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.
That and the homologation and min production requirements in the FIA GT3 regs.
Z4 was a stop gap as the old M3 ran out of homologation, Z4 needed some special dispensation to become competitive (like stuffing a V8 under the bonnet never to be found on the Z4 road car)
M8, as all the memes accentuated, was just punching a too big of a hole in the air. Depending on the B.O.P competitive in the more liberal GTE/ GT LM class, but in no way suitable for FIA GT3 specs.
Current BMW M6 GT3 (FIA homologation nr GT3 043) runs out in 2023.
Although Toyota is developing a GT300 spec version of their new Supra (the BMW Z4's twin brother) BMW chose not to develop a FIA GT3 version, anticipating that the competition would not grant them the same dispensation as with the old Z4 (replacing the line 6 with a V8)
So the M4 it is..regardless what you think of the new "kidney" styling.

For that..I'll take the 5th.

with kind regards

Tamar

#13 ·
Hi everyone,

Well, I for one, am looking forward to placing an order for an M4 slotcar whenever it might be available. The full size car looks superb ................

Does anybody have any idea what the wheelbase dimension is ?

Take care

Andrew

#21 ·
My Sideways M6 arrived this week.

Just opened box and find securing pin broken & driver head rolling around inside interior.

Not really a problem as I may change to lexan interior and add rubber rear spoiler,

I really like this one and MotorSport livery nearly matches my 320 Group 5 car, nice.

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

I may start work on this one later tonight, I can already see a Flat 6S (orange label) and side spring suspension in there...

As I am messing about with these cars I'll have some new spares for sale like the Flat 6 yellow label motors x2, that Sideways raptor motor 17k motor in the M6, some NSR mounts and complete alloy wheels set 16", with axles and bushes in pack, that retails at £35, how does £25 including P&P sound?

Or £9 for the flat 6 motors and £12 for the Raptor (ex P&P).

Max

Attachments

#26 ·
These pics are from the presentation video I saw. I like this car. Not as big and iconic as the M6, still pleasant to the eyes...even with that front grill.

If someone is going to make this, this is going to be a nice slot car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.