SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former Timaru Club Champion Alan Callaghan has spent several months researching and building a 1969 Bob Emott 1/24 'Tottenham' copy.

Drive is on the opposite side, as with most modern anglewinder slot cars.

For the time being this powered by a Gp15 armature but the hunt for a suitable Gp20 is under way as Alan feels it is under powered.

As you can see, very neatly built!

Stan Kirk.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Having recently moved to Whitstable a trip to Timaru is definitely on the cards, if Alan would allow me a drive of the beautiful machine he has created I'll be down that bit sooner Stan!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (oldgitwells @ 29 Jan 2012, 19:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Having recently moved to Whitstable a trip to Timaru is definitely on the cards, if Alan would allow me a drive of the beautiful machine he has created I'll be down that bit sooner Stan!

John,

Good news for Timaru! We look forward to seeing you.

I normally travel from Canterbury via Whitstable (A299) as the quickest way to Thanet. Happy to offer a lift (other than this Thursday when I will be pushed to be on time) if that helps - maybe will help to show you the quickest way across Thanet to Broadstairs.

Stan Kirk.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Gorgeous chassis by Alan. Thanks for showing it here, Stan.

I heard from Noose and Tony P a few days ago that Bob Emott is currently in the process of building a retro chassis. He's had the tools and materials for a while now and Joe says the time has come for him to get to work. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Regards,
L.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Stan .
Great to see Alan getting into Retro and building a Emott circa 1968 Totenham winner.
I started a year ago researching and building this Emott chassis and raced it at the UK 2011 Retro championships.
It looks a little different now as the front bumper was too weak and would'nt take heavy shunts.
Messed around with Arms and have gradually found a 27g wind gives the chassis more stability .
You will have a chance of testing it at the First Round of the UK Retro 1/24 championships at N.London
around May.
George Kimber.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Superb build by Alan! Thanks for sharing, Stan.

This gives me an excuse to again show off this car, built by Bob Emott in 1970/1. It is one of the first pro cars restored by Philippe De Lespinay in the early 1990's. I got the car from Philippe in a trade and after a while ended up in the Rohnert Park Raceway collection. It was subsequently purchased by Scott Bader and is now in it's rightful place in the LASC museum.

The chassis is an evolution of the one that Bob Emott used to devastating effect when he humbled the top British racers at the Tottenham Open in September, 1969. The most significant difference is that it uses a "BEE" (Brady & Emott Enterprises) spring-steel centre section, whereas Bob's Tottenham car had piano-wire main-rails.

The motor is a Kean Kan, with a Bob Kean hand-wound and balanced 24 gauge armature. RVM front and Associated rear wheels, original Jet Flag and a Cox 34 tooth gear.

The body is an original Dynamic/Champion Lola T-160 with Pete Von Ahrens air-control devices, which was painted by Philippe to resemble the period style of the original Dave Bloom painted body.

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Guys.

Well, arent they just fantastic ??.

What memories evoked !!.

Thankyou for sharing with us.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are there any plans for a Emott appreciation club , or an exclusive pit area reserved at D3 meetings for the owners of afore said copies?
I,m only asking because both Eddie the eagle Grice and my humble self also have them, though mine is now heavily re-inforced to reflect my woefully non Emott /Grice like driving skills.James Cleave may still have His Niyazi- built copy to go with his wickedly Emott-like driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts