SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Cartrix already sell bodies and chassis seperatly, but not many people want them... lol

You have got to see it from the manufacturers point of view. You say that they are missing out on a lot of money because so many people want 'just the body', but are they making more money because people who would pay, say, a tenner for 'just a body' are really paying £30 for a whole car, when they just need a body? In some cases, they are losing £10 through not selling a body, but in others they are making £30 by selling a whole car. I strongly suspect that if someone NEEDS a new body, they will buy a whole car, I know I would.

I realise this would save us money, but the manufacturers don't care about saving us money, just making the most money for themselves.

You see?

Lotus

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Say £30 for a car.

Motor £5-10

Metal bits £5

Tyres £2

Chassis £5

Guide and other plastic bits £2

That leaves between £6-11 for a body. I think this sounds fair, but only if we can convince them. Ninco would be a good company to start with as their bodies are uncomplicated and very good quality. Unfortunatly, we don't have anyone on the inside...

Lotus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.