Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Big list of options really

1 - Gut an old car for the body, or speak to Sean at Pendle who has lots of spare bodies for about £9 (or at least he did a couple of weeks ago back at Phoenix meet)

2 - Hornby kit and get the paints out or...

3 - Revell DTM kit and no need to get the paints out

4 - Have a look at Pattos list and gallery. You can then mount them as a soft body or use his 'Instant Hardbody' formula or a coat of epoxy glue to stiffen them up.

Coop

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (compound_goose @ 10 Apr 2004, 15:51)im building a pc board car and im not sure about where to get a body from. im going to be using a 59mm axel, suggestions

Actually I would get to it "the other way round"... first get the body, and adapt the chassis accordingly

succes, and keep us posted...

Jan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im going to go with the hornby focus kit, and spray it in a custom paint job. ill run it with a pair of ninco bbs axels and a scaleauto sc04 motor

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (compound_goose @ 10 Apr 2004, 21:11)im going to go with the hornby focus kit, and spray it in a custom paint job. ill run it with a pair of ninco bbs axels and a scaleauto sc04 motor
something like this?

http://groups.msn.com/hobbyfoto/slotracepr...oto&PhotoID=437

10 points for visibility

Jan

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
QUOTE im going to be using a 59mm axel,

Are you building 1/32 or 1/24 - in 1/32 scale that is equivalent to a 1.9 m track and an overall width of perhaps 2.3 m - pretty wide!

EM

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 59mm axel is the same one as is in the ninco 911 its a 1/32 and as for the focus pics yes, but in a metallic black. i doubt ill put mags in it when its done: simply because i have enough mag cars and im going to try a no mag, if it runs crap no mag then ill put a mag system in it like the scx has, you know the one where you can ajust the mag up and down so that it can be set up as very light mag or very heavy depending on what i need it as, i dont need it to be as magged as the single seat coz thats just a bit excessive

QUOTE Oh, by the way, do you want someone to come round and drive it for you?

what?

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
re: flags: you might want to consider a jet flag (parma et al)because it is way easier to use

re: mags: be aware that the focus is a narrow car, so you will end up with a high CG which you will have to compensate with either weight or a mag... don't want to disappoint or discourage youbut.... been there, done that... also there will not be much room inside to stick lead..

you will also notice that the 59 mm axles will be too wide, you can of course compensate for that by widening the wheel arches
but another way is to cut it to fit...

anyway it will be a real challenge

jan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
according to the body specs the focus should take a 56mm axel so thats only 1.5mm extra on each side. im thinking: would the 911 gt3r body be better ,same wheelbase so the chassis design ive come up with will still fit, the front axel will need some cutting down

about the parma flag: will it work on my home track? also, is the slot it the one that bolts on?

im probbably going to get the board tomorrow and start on the chassis

does anyone have any more precise specs of the 911 body e.g pics with dimensions drawn on etc

thanks

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (compound_goose @ 11 Apr 2004, 10:07)does anyone have any more precise specs of the 911 body e.g pics with dimensions drawn on etc
Yeah, Porsche!
ahem sorry CG! The only 911 body I have is a Scaley GT1, not a Ninco. Of course if you'd like some measurements then just ask.

Mark.

·
Registered
458 Posts
yes its the scaley(hornby kit), just using ninco wheels, GT3R.

i checked pendle and theyve got a proslot 911 body, would this be better than the hornby kit? or perhaps the fly lister storm(any specs would be good e.g wheelbase,axel width, tyre sizes,etc) ?

and while im here, is there a website for the revell kits, showing what cars they have (dtm)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Do a search for Revell Easy Kits - they're the 1/32 dtm cars among others

FLY Lister Storm (Hardtop) Wheelbase = ~ 80mm
Standard Scaley axle can be used whatever width that is
tyre size = ~11mm wide, ~20mm dia
lister body width = ~64mm

All taken from my Donny Park 2000 Storm Tiff Needell and Dave Warnock

Mark.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts