SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Lee - If you look carefully at pictures from Sunday you will see the solution to the F40 body coming off the chassis. Be sure to use a chassis that has the required hole moulded in (not all do), if you drill a hole you will render the chassis illegal.

I have always suspected that there are Tomy (and, more to the point, Rokar) bodies out there that would be F40-beaters if one could find a way to attach them. Then there is the Artin F, fitted with a Tomy red can in place of the supplied motor and a change of wheel to meet the 34mm rule, potentially an MR1-killer. The one and only time one was used, it did exactly that.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
QUOTE (Leet @ 5 Oct 2011, 10:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys for the response, I have an old F40 body in my garage
. Where the rear window is there is a notch where I think a screw would locate onto the chassis. May look into this further when I get home tonight.

Did you have a look? As I think I mentioned in another thread you need to have a chassis with a hole above the rear axle that is part of the mold. If you make the hole then you render the chassis illegal for nationals, possibly SCHORC races too (Tony?)

I would not go for the method Tony uses, igenious though it is, since it adds a lot of mass and additional height to the COG. To do better than the F40 you are going to have to take a light body like the AFX GT40 or the Rokar Datsun, and attach it to the chassis with a low and very minimal method. Somehow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts