SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After playing with a mates HRS I just had to buy one of these chassis but now I need a body for it.

So what to do ?

Is it possible to find a suitable Lexan body somewhere in the UK ?

If not can I buy just a hard plastic body anywhere or do I have to buy a complete donor car?

What body would YOU put on one ?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Check out Pendle's site.

Here is the offers page which has a load of bodies available seperate so you don't have to buy an entire car: Offers Page

I think it's good to put Carrera bodies on these chassis because then they can compete with your other favourite cars.

Most importantly though, choose a body that you like, because that's the beautiful thing about these chassis... You can put almost anything you like on them.

Andy

PS. Pendle has some resin shells on their site too.

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Are you talking about The kit or the rtr?

Whichever, you need to decide wether you are going for a sidweinder config or a inline config.

Most Prototype cars such as Audi R8c, Bentley EXP8, Lola Bk2/10, Doem Judd, MG lola etc wont go with the sidewinder.

GT cars and tourers will fit the sidewinder, such as a Viper, Corvette, 911, Merc CLK (dtm version) and Aston Martin Vanquish.

Once thats decided:

Scalextric produce the Hornby kits for about £7 depending on if you get one with paints or not. All the boides should fit the sidewinder as long as you make your own interior (simple - peice of card and half driver figure). Scaley interior are just to big for the HRS. These bodies need painting. My 911 got an SRA livery:)

If you want something more exciting, As McLaren said, Pendle stock pre-painted bodies of various cars with driver/interior for under £10.

Third option is a resin body from someone like OCA. Ranging in price, the OCA bodies are fairly detailed and come with vacformed windscreen and interior. The bodies will need some work though, its not just spray and go.

Final option is a Revel Easy Kit, Airfix kit and likewise range of static models.

I have 2 HRS in operation. My sidewinder car did have a hornby kit 911 body, but now has a scaley F40 body found from an old broken chassis.

My Inline one has a Bentley
. Carrera donor car.

My final advice is dont buy a donor car, waste of money. Just take your time until you find something you like

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have to agree with Mclaren and LMP04, buying a donor car is a waste and a shame my Slot-it HRS is fitted with an beautiful old Scalextric Jaguar XJ220
that cost me a fortune then I ripped it to bits it's great fun to drive now but somehow I I still feel it was a waste since then I've bought numerous cars that I intended on using for HRS conversions but somehow haven't got the heart to pull them apart so I'm thinking of doing like the Mclaren and LMP04 said getting a complete body top or kit the great thing about some of the resin kit/body tops are that you can make a car that has not been made yet ie. Ferrari 550.
But if you do choose a donor car be careful what you choose some are easy to convert like my Jag but others can be a bit more difficult like the Carrera Bentley EXP Speed 8 apparently there's not enough room for the gear crown so you have to make a bubble or cut a hole in the body (but maybe LMP04 can tell you a bit more about that) and then ther's cars like the Cartronic kremer Porsche K8 where there's not enough room for the slot guide. When all this is said almost anything is possible it helps to have a Dremel type tool handy. A pretty easy car to convert that will perform well is the Fly Racer Porsche GT1 98 evo2, Pendle has a body for £12.50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts