SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A couple of questions:

Hornby GT - Jaguar XKR Transam or not?
I hope not.

Daytona Prototypes - is this Sandy's pick? If so, I might have misled him into picking the wrong class. He asked about the Sunred, and I said it was a Daytona Prototype. Although a full size "Sunred" Daytona Prototype exists, I think Sandy was asking about the Fly Sunred SR21, which is a sort of Spanish Daytona Prototype. It is officially a GT1 car.

Karl has told me that JWRC includes Ninco F2 rally cars with NC1 motors, the same as at Manor Farm's forthcoming series.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
QUOTE (aerodynamic @ 21 Feb 2010, 18:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And as for Aurelius's Sunred pick - will this cause confusion now that it's been defined as NOT Daytona prototype?
Just change it to Fly Gt1.

I think the real bugbear is the Cartrix class. I can't see many people being happy with forking out over fifty quid for a car. I bought one, but I've got more money than sense! Maybe there should be rule stating that all classes should have at least one reasonably priced car eligible for it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just to muddy the waters a bit more, here is a snippet of information I found on supercars.net

Based off the Hispano-Suiza HS21 concept made in 2002 by Marzel, the SR21 is a dedicated race car. It's manufactured by Sun-Red racing who have been actively campaigning them since 2007 in the International Open GT Championship.
The car is powered by Judd's V12 engine displacing 244 cu. in. (4000cc) which produces 500 bhp. It uses a steel tube frame with a carbon fibre body.
Although the SR21 was designed under GT2 regulations it is only permitted in the International Open GT championship where is has achieved mediocre performance. The SR21 doesn't meet the FIAGT's road-car production requirements.

So, as I said - a sort of Spanish Daytona Prototype?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The following is a list of cars that are eligible for the forthcoming Le Mans 1961-65 class:
AC Cobra Coupe (no open tops)
AC Cobra Daytona Coupe
Aston Martin DBR1
Aston Martin DB4 GT
Austin-Healey 3000 hardtop
Chevrolet Corvette (the Carrera one)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta
Ferrari 250 GTO
Ferrari 250 GTO/LM
Ferrari 250 LM
Ferrari 275 GTB
Ferrari 330 LM/GTO
Ferrari 250P
Ferrari 275P
Ferrari 330P
Ford GT40
Ford GT40 MkII
Jaguar E-type
Porsche 904
Porsche Carrera 6

There were others, but I don't think there are slot car equivalents of them.
As you can see, the Ferrari P4 and Mirage Ford are not in period. That's two "jelly moulds" we won't be seeing!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have got to say "no" to the Corvette C1, if only to avoid being tempted to run my all-conquering Ninco. The Porshe 911 is a bit iffy - I think the earliest Fly version is of the 1968 car, although I could well be wrong. I don't know a lot about slot cars, as evidenced by my inclusion of the Ferrari 275GTB!

PS. Any news on the auction of Martin's collection? Who won what?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I was mistaken about the Cooper King Cobra being a development of the Bruce MacLaren Cooper Oldsmobile. The King Cobra was based on the Cooper Monaco sports car, but the Cooper Oldsmobile was a rebuilt Cooper T53 F1 car.

What that means is that the only cars eligible for the Revell TT class are as follows:
Shelby Daytona Cobra coupe
Jaguar E-type
Porsche 550
Ferrari 250 GTO LM.

Standard spec cars only please!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.