4. SCX Modern Touring
  5. Ninco GT1
  6. 70s F1

Dates are 8&22/7 and 5&19/8

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Jim,

We should be seeing you this Thursday - just want to double check - does club have Hornby Nascars and SCX Modern touring? Otherwise we'll have to beg and borrow. Also with Ninco GT1 I presume this is for ordinary, non-Prorace cars. Are Ascaris eligible? The important thing about ignorance is not to be ashamed of it!

Cheers

Sandy

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Sandy,

Modern SCX touring is no problem, Hornby NASCAR is another story. There is one left from the old member's collection that I was disposing of, but negotiations are already under way with Dave. He has led with a derisory offer, but if I bring it on Thursday perhaps I can auction it

Not sure about the Ascari, or the Pro Race, so bring them anyway. It was Karl's pick and he does have a Lambo with a clear chassis.

Jim

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Now is probably not a good time to be starting to look in the "cupboard" for cars, but off I go...

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Don't forget that a 2CV is an under 1-litre 70's saloon!

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
New classes picked last night to run at meetings on the 2nd, 16th & 30th September and the 14th October.

1. SCX Rally
  2. Postwar Pre 60 GP
  3. Pre 85 1.0 Saloons
  4. Hornby IRL/A1GP
  5. Pre 67 Under 1600 saloons
  6. MRRC/Revell 60's Sports and GT

Do the two saloon classes differ enough, or should we use Brian's second choice of 70's F1 for Class 5?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Does Revell 60s sport include 904s and King Cobras? Presume it does. Also is SCX rally any SCX rally or modern SCX rally? Finally is postwar pre-60 the usual suspects, Cartrix and modern Hornby (I've got 3 nearly finished scratchbuilds - should I rush?)? I'll try and come down next Thursday.

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
It's just MRRC cars for the 60's class Sandy. I have no idea why I added Revell in there. Tyres are free choice though!

SCX Rally is any era - 2 or 4wd.

Post war pre 60 GP is a fully open class this time, so scratch away!

Hope to see you next week.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'll carry on scratching then - trouble is there seems to be some formula for scratch cars in that the time they take to finish is something like - (time between now and next meeting + 1 day) - and if you have more than one make that exponential!

As a hostage to fortune I'll say I have no excuse for not finishing at least one!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Revell cars with MRRC Sebring chassis are included to give more choice, Jim. That's what I said when I picked the class, and is why you added Revell cars, although it wasn't written on the slip. So, the King Cobra and Porsche 904 are allowed, Sandy.

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
See! I knew I wasn't losing it!

Much.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Cool, it would be nice to see them on track, and of course you get a much better view of them if they trail in at a distance - last. First is just too risky!

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Last night was the last picking night of 2010 and covers the final five meetings of the year.

Dates are;

28th October
11th & 25th November
9th & 23rd December

Classes are;
  1. Ninco Classic
  2. Carrera Mille Miglia
  3. American Muscle
  4. SCX GT
  5. Fly GT
  6. 60's Sports

Tyres are free in the 60's Sports class and may be in the Carrera class, depending on whether genuine tyres can be found for the club cars. Otherwise all classes are standard RTR.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Jim,

Just to confirm that Carrera Mille Miglia includes: Ferrari Uovo, Aston DB3 and Maser A6GS - am I missing anything?

Did Brian get that information about Dave Jones bodies? He can e-mail him direct at [email protected] if he's still interested.

Hope to see you all next week.

Cheers

Sandy

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
D-type Jag and Merc 300SLR too.

·
Jim Moyes
5,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
I don't know. Brian was sorting that out. If you've got anything else that fits, probably best to use them for now. Won't the originals sandpaper up a bit?

61 - 80 of 116 Posts