SlotForum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I was looking at the Toyota myself!

1/24 Scale is what it says on Brian's slip - so any standard RTR that fits the bill.

I've got some original Scalextric Go-Karts!

I've seen some AutoArt 1/24 on Ebay - I wonder if they are as "challenging" as the 1/32s

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
The new system of organising the class calendar for the full year ahead is now sorted and the classes for the rest of 2011 are as follows;

For 23rd June, 7th & 21st July + 4th & 18th August the classes will be
  1. Lightweight F1
  2. 4wd Rally
  3. JWRC
  4. SCX Touring Cars
  5. American Muscle
  6. Modern F1

For 1st, 15th & 29th September + 6th & 20th October the classes will be
  1. Rally Raid
  2. SCX GT
  3. Group B Rally
  4. 70's GP
  5. 45-60 GP
  6. Group C

For 3rd & 17th November + 1st, 15th & 29th December the classes will be
  1. SCX 4wd Rally
  2. Ninco Vintage
  3. Ninco GT
  4. NASCAR
  5. 2wd Rally
  6. WTC

Note that classes will now be run for five meetings instead of four.

Around September I'll hand out voting slips to members with a minimum (tbc) amount of meetings attended this year, so that we can sort out next years classes.

·
Registered
973 Posts
B*ll*cks! Talk about frustration - finally managed a free Thursday - got to the other side of the Robin Hood r/about and just past the Kingston turn-off, and then big flashing sign - 'Accident on Kingston bypass'. Crawl for 20 minutes - 500 yds - to Rayners Lane turn-off (ETA arrival Liphook 5 hours), turn off there and get home by 8.40 p.m. because all the side roads are also snarled up. 1 hour 40 mins to do 15 miles - the joys of living in London. Will try in a fortnight but by then everybody else's slot cars will probably be a bit better tuned, and I'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Incidentally what are people using for Group B?

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Hi Sandy,

We could have done with you there as the numbers have been a bit low. Usual summer holiday leisure time battle. Plus Les & Keith having car trouble and Trigger changing work patterns.

Only 5 of us and all the classes seemed to have great variety in them.

Specifically Group B was made up of

Audi Quattro & BMW M1 from Fly

SCX Ferrari GTO & Porsche 959

Hornby Ferrari 308

The Flys dominated taking all the wins.

Also I realised yesterday that I have messed up the schedule for the rest of the year. If you look on the handout sheet (and the post on here before yours) I have listed the 30th September and the 6th October. Obviously these are only a week apart.

So the revised schedule is;

For 1st, 15th & 29th September + 13th October the classes will be
Rally Raid
SCX GT
Group B Rally
70's GP
45-60 GP
Group C

For 27th October, 10th & 24th November + 8th & 22nd December the classes will be
SCX 4wd Rally
Ninco Vintage
Ninco GT
NASCAR
2wd Rally
WTC

Note this means that there will only be four meetings (3 to go) of these current classes instead of five. We decided last night that we would keep the last set of classes to five meetings as they were the ones including the class with the highest number of votes. Leaving the best till last!

I'll print out a new schedule (and new voting slips for next year) and bring them along next club night.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The Group B line up is good news - won't need to buy an MSC then, though I'm getting a bit bored of the M1s. I'll see if my Spirit Peugeot 206 and Teamslot R5 can't shake things up. Low numbers are bad for the club but good for my beauty sleep. Is the tunnel open under Hindhead - having seen May morph into July I presume July has morphed into October.

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Tunnel did open in July. Just. Apparently there were a few last minute computer problems.

It's made an amazing difference, but there is still a bit of a problem with the novelty of it all. I'm getting regularly frustrated when going through in my truck at it's regulated 56 mph. People will overtake me just before the tunnel, and then pull in front and drop to 45-50 so they can have a good old gawp as they go through.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Went through it today on my new moto: amazing, made me feel as though I was in Europe again. You're right though, everybody slows down - the limit's 70 and they were all doing 45 - do the British have tunnel-phobia? Maybe they should have some Italian instructors to show them how it should be done It must be extra annoying for you.

Hopefully I'll make the next meet and will be able to tell how much time it saves.

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Sandy,

I didn't think of the Kellison, but yes, as it's just a variation on the Corvette theme.

The Daytona Prototypes are also allowed - that's why it didn't just get called LMP.

Interesting that the previous post on this thread was just over 2 years ago. And I think I found the reason for the "tunnel phobia" only a few weeks ago. It's the damn " I own a sat nav, so I can disengage brain" brigade. The out of date software has a hissy fit and it takes most of the tunnel for the brain to re-boot.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Jim,

So they spend their time trying to reboot the satnav as they think it's kaput! Why you need satnav between Hindhead and Thursley is anyone's guess.

Here's the list I left on the way out last night.

Choices, in descending order, I.e. most preferred first.

LMP 2000+ though this should really be 'Prototypes' like last night for the Daytona jobbies.
1970s Saloons (e.g. Spirit BMW 635s et al). No Racer Capris!
Open 50s GP (FTC), including scratchbuilds
70s F1
2wd Rally
4wd Rally
DTM
Modern F1
60s F1 Open/FTC
Ninco Raid

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Thanks Sandy.

I was wondering where your sheet was when I got them out of my race case this morning.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Jim,

Presumably you can just cut and paste the above list into your orgasmotron or whatever black box is being used to work out total votes, saving you the need to type them all out. It is amazing that no-one has used this site for 2 years! Presumably that would make it NSA-proof as they'd think it's a dead site.

See you Monday.

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I have already sorted out what the classes are, just got to organise them into dates and nicely varied groups of 6. I will have the "official" sheet from you if you have got it. Then I can bring them all along to show my working out method.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Still got official sheet though it was about to change into a shopping list. Will try to remember to bring it with me, maybe tomorrow would be better than Thursday week.

·
Jim Moyes
5,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
New class calendar for next year is now done and posted.

Quick summary of classes.

18 not manufacturer specific
8 SCX
2 Hornby
2 Ninco

28 standard
2 Open (100% increase over last year
)

So no Carrera or Revell classes for this coming year - I can hear the cheering already.

Both Ninco classes are NC1 only.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts