SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
on sunday the 20th february the bolwextric club will be holding a 12 hour endurance event,
there will be 10 teams,
we will be running the ninco honda nsx's supplied by the team, standard parts,
the teams will be of either 3 or 4 people, and there will be a limit of 2 or 3 teams per club, we are expecting demand for teams to be great so if you could pm even if it is just for a possible team it would be much appreciated
cheers
Reuben

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi all

yes your own cars
standard parts for that car (parts will be checked) tires may have to be bought on the day (an attempt to eliminate additives) but this has not been confirmed yet.
Cheers
Reuben

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
It has been brought to our attention that this will clash with Milton Keynes swapmeet, and so another date will be sorted out. Watch here or the website for further info.

But keep that enthusiasm bubbling

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 5 Dec 2004, 12:23)How are 10 teams going to run on six lanes

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err! Umm! Don't you think it will work then? We haven't done this sort of thing much down 'ere. Always prepared to take advice from you experienced guys.

Here's how we thought;

Ten teams of four.

All teams allocated a number between 1 -10.

Then the six race positions and four designated marshalls posts get numbered 1-10.

So team number 1 do their first stint on Lane(position) 1. All four drivers do a 15 minute run on that lane. Laps recorded.

Then team 1 move to marshalling spot number (position) 2 and have to supply a marshall at that spot for the entire duration of the next stint. Meanwhile Team 10-who did their first stint on lane 6 (position10) have moved to Lane(position)1. So every team does an hour at every race and marshalling point over the course of the event. That way we're never pleading for marshalls to cover certain areas.

It's how we run our normal club nights and seems to work pretty well.

Whatdyathink?? Eh? Eh?

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE Err! Umm! Don't you think it will work then? We haven't done this sort of thing much down 'ere. Always prepared to take advice from you experienced guys.
Mr. m, me you and probably most of the club are prepared to take advice from experienced members!!
but is tony

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
If it were me organising this......

I'd have six teams of four.

1 team per lane.

At any one time, thats 1 driver, 1 'mechanic' and two marshals.

In total that'll give you 12 marshals, plus the 'mechanics' can marshal when not needed.

Each driver has to do equal time on each lane, so that means each team member does three hours in total, half an hour on each lane.

So, run it for half an hour, change everybody, next half an hour, change again, etc etc etc. At Phoenix we switched the power off, moved each car WHERE THEY WERE to the lane on the left, swapped drivers and started up again. Just how we do it, I know ther are countless more methods of swapping around.

But I am not organiser, so feel free to say NO! to all that.

Just that each person only having one and a half hours track time then standing around for the other 10 or so hours seems a bit off-putting............

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
Thanks for your input Gary

NO! is such a negative response, I wouldn't dream of using it.

Trouble is with only six teams, we're going to be limited on invitations. Plus we've built in some changeover/administrative time to "our" system. If you give every driver from every team half an hour on every lane you are going to go over the twelve hour period. I don't know if it's necessary (as I said before this sort of event is new to us), but Tony seems to think the DS power units will want a break half way through, which would also be a good time to get the local Pizza delivery firm in action!

I'll bring it up tonight (not the pizza)

Mr.M

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Over twelve hours? Now I'm confused. Hope you dont mind me planning it out just so I'm sure........

12 hours

6 lanes

4 people (per team)

12 / 6 = 2

2 hours for 4 people

Half an hour each person.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Say it starts at 12:00pm.........

12:00 Member 1 on lane 1

12:30 Member 2 on Lane 1

1:00 Member 3 on Lane 1

1:30 Member 4 on lane 1

2:00 Member 1 on lane 2

2:30 Member 2 on Lane 2

3:00 Member 3 on Lane 2

3:30 Member 4 on lane 2

4:00 Member 1 on lane 3

4:30 Member 2 on Lane 3

5:00 Member 3 on Lane 3

5:30 Member 4 on lane 3

6:00 Member 1 on lane 4

6:30 Member 2 on Lane 4

7:00 Member 3 on Lane 4

7:30 Member 4 on lane 4

8:00 Member 1 on lane 5

8:30 Member 2 on Lane 5

9:00 Member 3 on Lane 5

9:30 Member 4 on lane 5

10:00 Member 1 on lane 6

10:30 Member 2 on Lane 6

11:00 Member 3 on Lane 6

11:30 Member 4 on lane 6

12:00 Finish!

Meanwhile all the other teams are doing the other lanes.........

That is right isn't it? Or am I going barmy?

I'd be be greatful if someone could point out if I have gone barmy!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Don't make everyone do the same amount of time on each lane. Just give a minimum time, and a maximum time for each driver. Let the teams decide who does what lane.

McLaren

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
Zero seconds is a pretty quick changeover time, Gary! Do you reckon that's achievable or do you do it like German bus drivers and change drivers at 110 kph on the Autobahn in thick snow?

I understand what you say, but even that way you'll have 9 hours "standing around" per person. That's not much less than 10!

Keep chucking them at me! It's the best way to sort this out!

Cheers

Mr.M

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
7 hours actually!

And unless the drivers rostrum is in Tokyo then I don't see why it'll take more than sixty seconds to change over.

I know that'll shorten drive time to 29 minutes on each lane, but thats still 2 hours 54 in total.

*eager eyes*

·
Jim Moyes
5,019 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 6 Dec 2004, 18:55)7 hours actually!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, you've got the better of me there! How 7 hours, surely 6 half hour stints out of 12 hours leaves 9!

And McLaren, are you saying that adjusting the amount of driver time over the entire event or actually having some drivers not doing as much as others. That's gonna mess about with Gary's "standing around" time and are people going to be happy with not doing so much driving. Surely you guys who regularly "marshall" say that is the whole point! Everybody gets the same track time!

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts

I'll bring down the Subbuteo and those standing around for 7- 9 hours can have a tournament on the side.

Not the table on the side, obvioulsy. The ball would just roll off.

You know what I mean.

(This may not have helped. I'll get me Subbuteo t-shirt....)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts