SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
6 teams of 4 people would make more sense.................

And am I right in thinking that we're using the Honda NSX's????
Hmmm best get one out of the box and get it run in then hadn't I!!

·
Jim Moyes
5,216 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 10 Dec 2004, 12:40)[subliminal thought transfer]...four, four, four, four, four...[/subliminal thought transfer]
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seem to be getting this strange feeling that somebody wants 20 people in a team. That's just ridiculous!

If you want to finish the meeting with spoiler intact, use a blue/white one. Tony bought 3 pairs for a new Bolwextric championship class, which we tried out on Monday. Result at end of ten heats;

Spoilers

Blue/white 3
Red 0

I did tell you visiting type chappies that Bolwextric is "no brakes" , didn't I? Yes! I'm sure that I did!

Mr.M

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well i think one will have to sport some sort of home grown livery for this event, now what to do Hmmmmmm

Scott, who we recruiting then cos that gives us 2 spare places to fill?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
yep 3 pin plug, not mains so i presume 2 amp, electrical ratings were never my strong point. most people at the club are starting to say 6 teams of four would be best, apart from the owner

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
QUOTE Scott, who we recruiting then cos that gives us 2 spare places to fill?!?!?!?!

Well, now there is no clash with Milton Keynes, maybe Gareth can join us. That just leaves Jim to convince.

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Hi guys

Just wondering if you have any rules finalised regarding parts etc. I'll be getting the car soon and I may aswell buy spares whilst I'm there.

I understand itts just Ninco parts, but I didn't know about tyres, wether there will be a control tyre you supply or if we can run original nincos, or any other manufactured tyre.

Cheers,
Gary and the Phoenix team

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
hi
i am not sure what is happening in regard to tires, i know it will be standard ninco tyres for that car as with all the parts. to confirm this please phone tony (details above), and if you do talk to him please suggest six teams to him.
thanks
Reuben

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
hi all
recently there has been some rather big decisions made in respect to the endurance meeting.
the date is sunday 20th march 2005 i do not beleive this classhes with any major slot events but please inform me if you know otherwise
the group of honda nsx's and parts will be provided
there will be 7 teams with a minimum of 4 people
practice will be available through arrive and play sessions (free if you enter the endurance race) but the club will also be available for practice on the evening of saturday the 19th from 7 untill 10 (there is a travel lodge locally if traveling from a distance).
the race will start at 10am but the club will also be open for practice in the morning from 8:30.
and that is about all we know at the moment

please pm me if you are interested in entering and we will try to wittle it down to 7 teams.
Cheers
Reuben

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
the idea behind 7 teams was that 1 team while sitting out could have a meal or rest or do somthing while the other 6 teams race i will try to sort it down to 6 teams but am not promising my powers of persuasion are that good!!!

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Hi Reuben

Just to let you know I spoke to Tony on the phone before christmas.

I know it sounds nice and , er, practical , that a team could eat, rest or otherwise, but that doesn't mean they wont if you dont have this 'free time' alloted. Trust me, people will eat, rest and marshal when they aren't racing. They don't need a special period to do it with their team mates.

Form speaking with Tony, I understand that the main reason you need more teams than lanes is the amount of intrest you are receiving. If you run this as an endurance race meet, you gotta be tough and just say 'no' to some people. Draw them out of a hat if you must, that eliminates any guilt you may feel.

Whichever way, the visiting clubs are gonna need to know pretty soon.

Good luck guys!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It is normal for a four man team to be organised as one racer, one marshal,one mechanic and one resting in a constant cycle to keep the race alive and chalenging. If it is meant to be an Endurance race then that is part of the challenge, resting is far too cosy (except for old gimmers like me!).

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
if at all interested please pm me and i will see what i can do, before tony decides teams (and how many) he needs to know what interest we have from traveling teams and the forum so he can decide numbers
cheers
Reuben

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Bolwextric crew,

I'm slightly wary of the cars and spares being provided for us. I did try and call Tony (both numbers) but answer phones, so I'll post this here and hope you'll pass it on.

You do know everything and anything (including every single thing) on a car can break? Chassis, Guides, Bearings, Motors, Wheels, Tires, Bodies, Axels, Pinions, Crowns, Wires, Eyelets; If it's part of the car, it can break.

I understand you want to keep things equal but thats a heck of a lot of stuff you need to provide. 6 cars, then at least another 12 in parts form! Thats 18 cars. Really, I'm not exagerating. Just cause it breaks once, doesn't mean it wont do it again.

We for one as a team are more than happy to provide our own gear. Its not going to be a problem to keep all the spares factory sealed so you can see them before use.

Gary, Jon, 'Clint' and 'Iceman'.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
hi
tony did seem to be quite happy to provide that much stuff, but i agree with you our own cars would be better and cheaper for him, i will say that to him when i speak to him.
Cheers
Reuben

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Reuben,

Tell Tony to fix a date and entry fee (I'd suggest £20), set rules as box standard Ninco JGTC (the Supra and 350Z might be out by them) and ask for entries from teams.

Maximum number of teams to be six, the six to be decided simply by the first six to send entry with fee.

Driver changes at any time the team wants, but lane changes every 30mins. Lane changes to be done by killing the power, shifting cars one lane to the left and restarting. Winner team to have travelled farthest in 12 hours.

Cars must start complete, but can finish without superfluous parts (lights, wings, mirrors, etc) if loss due to accident on track. Spare parts can be fitted at any time but must be standard, sealed items. Livery free.

Each team to provide one marshall at all times, marshalls to be positioned according to rotating system inked with team lane (i.e. marshalls shift at same time as lane changes).

There, that's that sorted.

Just call me Bernie.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.