SlotForum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Andy is right, every hour keeps the race alive as you are not on the worst lane for too long and it keeps the race close (potentially). The fewer changeovers the more the race can be kept near to real time too, time is always wasted during change overs. The Race Controller needs to be slick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have now registered so can answer all queries on the endurance it will be on 20 march seven teams entry forms & race format will be on my web site by the end of next week the night before will be an open meeting run to are normal club rules hopefully this should make for a good weekend social racing tony (bolwextric)

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Hi Tony

Really, six teams for 12 hours on the sunday, open day before for practice. Thats how it works.

I'm not saying that trying seven teams, or running two events won't work, its just that it stands a fair chance it won't. And for travelling teams that'd be a disaster.

I'm sure Jonny S will be more than happy to talk to you about race format, he's got experience with event organising, three 24hrs under his belt and many more events aswell.

I trust you have read the rest of this thread, if not please do. Many good suggestions have been posted

Gary.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
With seven teams and six lanes , allowing for a `time out`, then I cannot see how you can share out the lanes fairly so that each team does the same amount of time on each time for the twelve hour period? An endurance race is meant to be just that, constant driving against other teams.

We want to support you guys and have made constructive points to aid you and of course it is your event and you can do it whatever way you like but it still needs to be workable and good competitive fun. I need something solid to persuade our members that it is going to worth the visit.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I think that I understand what you are proposing. Can I ask you to state clearly what the event will entail with a list of timings, rules , cost etc and then we can decided if it`s for us. Many thank in anticipation.

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Great news, except the 'teams will be drawn on Feb 28th bit'.

Any chance you can make the draw sooner? We are amped up to enter and Jon wants to do the event, but at the same time, if we don't get picked, we needs to make commitments at our own club club. I understand that this is a fair way to select teams but we could do with more notice than 20 days. We kinda need to know wether we can or can't do it ASAP. 20 days is just too short notice. We need to book accomodation aswell.

I'm really sorry it seems like all I've done is complain but I really want to do this event. And if we can't do it then we simply can't afford to wait till the 28th to find out.

On a side note, we are now providing our own spares, correct?

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
I quite fancy it, I must admit. I'll have a word with 250GTO and see what we can get together.

Mooster

·
Registered
4 Posts
it seems what ever i do seems to be wrong all i want to do is have a good days racing with friends this event has had alot more interest than i expected at first i was only expecting to make the numbers up with local teams now i have the differcult job having to turn teams down any ideas
tony

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
In my experience of running these events, as the date draws closer you will find there are less and less teams able to turn up. If you make solid decisions in plenty of time and take the first six teams that commit to the event then you cannot go far wrong.

Like the others, we only want to know the score so we can support you. If you get yourself organised and stop trying to please everyone then the whole thing will become a lot easier for you. You`ll get run ragged. If it`s a 12 Hour Enduro then fine otherwise it is somethibng very different and people just want to know that`s all. PM or e mail or call me if I can help.

·
Gary Skipp
6,687 Posts
Executive decision on behalf of the club and team means we will not be taking part in the Bolwextric twelve hour. I'm dissapointed, as I wanted to go, but at the same time it just seems too impractical for the team.

Good luck with the event Tony, I hope it goes well for you.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.