SlotForum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Hi Guys
if anyone still wants to enter a team there are still places available, i must admitt it has been poorly organized this year but hopefully next year we can learn from our mistakes and make for a better event, so if anyone is even slightly interested in a team (or even coming as an induvidual and making a team of induviduals) please contact me and i will se what we can do
Cheers
Reuben

·
Jim Moyes
5,216 Posts
Could still do with a couple of people to help make up the sixth team.

If anybody interested PM me or contact Tony on phone numbers in club header.

Please don't make me race, I hate "magic cranes"

Mr.M

Oh yes, for those already booked in, club will open 8AM Sunday and lots will be drawn for cars shortly after to give plenty of time for car prep. Saturday evening event details will be up on the Bolwextric website soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 15 Mar 2005, 19:57)Could still do with a couple of people to help make up the sixth team.

If anybody interested PM me or contact Tony on phone numbers in club header.

Please don't make me race, I hate "magic cranes"

Mr.M

Oh yes, for those already booked in, club will open 8AM Sunday and lots will be drawn for cars shortly after to give plenty of time for car prep. Saturday evening event details will be up on the Bolwextric website soon.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would like to take part i am a newbie to this type of sport but im willing and i am a very very wide load if u know what i mean i will speak to tony 2moz but the event seams promising. as long as we all have fun who cares!!!!! actualy i do if i am in a team i hope ares beats you all mwaaaaa mwaaaa look forward to seeing every body. from fat man incoperated into a mini

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Sincere thanks to everyone involved and congratulations on what was an excellent event. Our gang from Eastcote were made to feel most welcome, and the whole thing was run with a very friendly atmosphere. The teams who expressed interest and then didn't actually show should set aside some time to kick themselves, and they should also make sure that they visit this excellent track as soon as possible!

Incidentally, the event was run using supplied brand new Ninco Honda NSXs, and these performed amazingly well throughout the event. We glued in the motor and bearings, took the magnet out, applied a bit of oil and grease, and off we went. We re-greased the gears at about half distance, and that was literally all we did for twelve hours.

Well done to Tony, and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did.

Mooster

P.S. Sorry to everyone I nerfed off during the day. I didn't mean to - blame my lack of ability! Jeez, I even nerfed the organiser off at one point, which was a bit shabby to say the least.

·
Jim Moyes
5,216 Posts
QUOTE (Mooster @ 21 Mar 2005, 13:55)Jeez, I even nerfed the organiser off at one point..........<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That just goes to show that you felt right at home Mooster, as most of the regulars take great delight in doing just that.

Thanks go to you, Roly, John & James for coming along and supporting us and congratulations for going home with best visiting team and third overall trophies. Must also thank the Fareham (Solent?) guys for their support -not sure if any of them are forumites, but just in case- and a big well done for the reverend Nick for bagging "driver of the day" trophy.

I know he reads the forum, and I think I shall have to be on my guard at the club tonight

Well done to Chris, Paul and Steve for winning overall!

The Ninco NSXs were quite simply amazing! I'm pretty sure all six cars finished the twelve hours with original braids, tyres & motors. None had their spoilers fitted though! My team suffered a wheel coming off very early on, but a couple of sidecutter bite marks on the axle sorted that for the rest of the day, and the chassis seemed to warp after we had to glue the motor in so my teammates decided to bite the bullet and go for a chassis change. Good call, as the car was an absolute flyer after that ! The Fareham A-team suffered a cracked underpan in the very last stint, but the car still finished, and had the boss on the axle shift enough to lose gear mesh just before half way through the event.

Minimental worked out that the winning car had travelled 83 real miles!

Mr.M

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations go out to Tony and Sarah,
What a great event, if only you could make the timing system child proof the day would have run perfectly. I think a few lessons were learnt but for a first attempt the whole day flowed nicely, and everyone seemed really enjoy themselves and will be coming back for more soon i'm sure.
The only problem i had was when i tried to sleep that night, all i could see each time i closed my eyes were six cars going at full speed straight passed me, and ended up still awake at 2am with a crick in my neck.
Also well done to everyone who turned up for this event in making it a very friendly occasion , Heres to many more like it.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.