SlotForum banner
301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Tony rather messed up our chances of a thrilling end to the championship, by not turning up.

Jim managed to win the final round with Wes coming a close second. Despite some rubbish driving

I managed to win the Clubman, which gave me a clean sweep of wins.

It was also time to say goodbye to Tim who is off to New Zealand for a while. Have a great time Tim, till we see you back save and well.

BOLwextric club latest results.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
After all excitement of the previous series the start of series 2 was a bit lack lustre, as we had just 5 racers. We went for 4 lanes and 7 classes, the last 2 classes of cars were not recorded and after 3 days no way can I remember what they were. ? !

It was a good fun night with some close racing and plenty of barracking, I certainly enjoyed it - and that is all I can remember.

Things looked to be heading for an upset as Jim got off to a poor start, after two classes he was equal last. It was the 4th class before he got a class win, up to then he had only won 1 race in each class. After that it was business as usual, Jim won the final 3 classes and almost clocked a full house in class 5. Soon he not only overhauled Wes's healthy lead but went on to win by a clear margin. Jim 81, Wes 75. I started pretty well (by my standards) but in the end I ended 4th, although my 67 did get me an early lead in Clubman Class.

Next round will be in reverse direction on the 23rd. BOLwextric club latest results.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Ninco One Camaros & Fly Dorans, Will

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
No Bolwextric club night this coming Monday 23rd.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
So with restrictions being lifted we hope to get back to some racing as close as what we were used to as we can.

Tomorrow night (19th July) we will have the Bolwextric night which is using club cars.

If we have enough people we will run all 6 lanes, but if not we can run 4 lanes and add a couple of extra classes at the end.

It will be good to see people we haven't seen for nearly 18 months.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
We are going to be restarting Monday nights on the 21st February. This night is aimed more at people new to the hobby or just not used to club racing as all cars /controllers can be supplied in house.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Scratch that, Covid has intervened.

We'll try again on the 28th.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Tony has heaters running 24/7 to dry out the track, so he can make a better assessment of what repairs need doing. Hopefully we won't go without our racing fix for too long.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
In the meantime, Steve Ainscow has kindly invited us to have some racing at his 4-lane Carrera track at Three Legged Cross near Ringwood. I will organise a time with Steve.
Vehicle Infrastructure Car Road surface Tire

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Following messge exchange from Jim M. We have been plotting to hold a Slot it group C race, and given time Group 5 (sideways/scaleauto) race on the track here in Three Legged Cross, North of Bouremouth.
Track is 4 lane Carrera, plan is to keep cars close to std, gears etc to ensure close racing. Plenty of room for racers, but not much workbench room, so try to avoid and huge pit boxes, but do bring a spare car just in case if you have one. Track is yet to host any competitive "club" racing so cant guarantee there wont be some teething problems, but timing is proving reliable. Biggest issue is odd join between the 4 tab and 3 tab carrera tracks, 99% of cars cope fine but dont set up cars to run with too low ground clearance. My beloved Slot It Budwiser Porsche 962 on thin zero grips has a nick in the front spoiler to testify to this

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
No magnets, I forgot to ask about braking. I've suggested we take our Hornby NGTCs as well.

And the 16th seems the favourite date.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Wired for brakes,
does anyone has spare NGTC car I could use? Despite obscene number of cars in the collection I have none of the current Hornby Touring cars. Unless I find something at Swindon on Sunday 13th?
More details; unimpressed by the reliability of 2A controller sockets at Viking. I have built the circuit with 5A controller sockets, so either I can provide "club" controllers. Or Tom has a 2A to 5A adaptor.
Followed BASRA wiring diagram, but cant for the life of me recall if that makes it "Positive" or °Negative" wired. Resistor controllers are OK but might I suggest fancy electronic controllers are left at home just in case?
Will forward address and directions to Jim rather than post here, but if anyone else in East Dorset fancies some racing, drop me a PM
Here's hoping for some close racing and a good night.
Steve

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Is that still round pin 5 amp plugs Steve?

Local Screwfix has them for 1.26 each, so I might grab some.

I can bring you a NGTC car. Any preference? I have all types, and the great thing about them is any of them can win.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Yes the round ones, 5A as supplied at Screwfix (photo below). In hind sight I should have just gone with the std 2A ones but we had few issues with reliability at Viking. So went in for bit of overkill.

Automotive exterior Bumper Hood Gas Auto part

I have couple of spare plugs if anyone needs to borrow one, or few well used controllers available.

Font Creative arts Rectangle Electric blue Plastic

Steve

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Aa for touring car, I assume you are racing Scalextric cars only, not spirit, Ninco etc.
Will try to get a Honda Civic at Swindon, but if not happy to try any. Looks a good selection of competative cars.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Yes, just Hornby.

·
Jim Moyes
5,233 Posts
Racing postponed for this Thursday - track is still soaked.

Next week may be in doubt too.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts