SlotForum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
There are NC1 Clios and NC2 Clios in the club stock. By coincidence they happen to tally with the real cars being Mk1 and Mk2.

I think several of the club Mk1s (NC1) have suffered the common problem of the rear axle mounts failing, so we haven't used them for a while.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Looks like the call to GS bore fruit!

Explaining that finishing second means less tiring travel for the team and I get to go racing on Monday night must have got through!
thumbsup.gif

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
So Wes wasn't there coz he was watching the football.

Hah! Just wait till I see him on Thursday!

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Jim has another series in the bag as long as he turns up.
Well that makes for an exciting night then, as, depending on decent weather, I will be just off the M25 swapping unlikely stories with other ex 1:1 racers.

I'll just have to rely on you, Keith and Wes to keep Tony no higher than 3rd
thumbsup2.gif

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Ninco One Camaros & Fly Dorans, Will

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
No Bolwextric club night this coming Monday 23rd.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
So with restrictions being lifted we hope to get back to some racing as close as what we were used to as we can.

Tomorrow night (19th July) we will have the Bolwextric night which is using club cars.

If we have enough people we will run all 6 lanes, but if not we can run 4 lanes and add a couple of extra classes at the end.

It will be good to see people we haven't seen for nearly 18 months.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
We are going to be restarting Monday nights on the 21st February. This night is aimed more at people new to the hobby or just not used to club racing as all cars /controllers can be supplied in house.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Scratch that, Covid has intervened.

We'll try again on the 28th.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Tony has heaters running 24/7 to dry out the track, so he can make a better assessment of what repairs need doing. Hopefully we won't go without our racing fix for too long.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
In the meantime, Steve Ainscow has kindly invited us to have some racing at his 4-lane Carrera track at Three Legged Cross near Ringwood. I will organise a time with Steve.
Vehicle Infrastructure Car Road surface Tire

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
No magnets, I forgot to ask about braking. I've suggested we take our Hornby NGTCs as well.

And the 16th seems the favourite date.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Is that still round pin 5 amp plugs Steve?

Local Screwfix has them for 1.26 each, so I might grab some.

I can bring you a NGTC car. Any preference? I have all types, and the great thing about them is any of them can win.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Yes, just Hornby.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Racing postponed for this Thursday - track is still soaked.

Next week may be in doubt too.

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
I spoke to Tony earlier and he says that the track has now dried out. At the cost of one of the fan heaters, that couldn't handle the pressure and expired.

He has had a job cancelled and will be spending the next couple of days in the unit sorting it out and would appreciate any help with painting etc., if anyone is available. There is a chance that we could be back racing this week.(y):)

·
Jim Moyes
5,231 Posts
Spoke to Tony yesterday and he was quite upbeat about our chances for racing tomorrow night. That was with Tim helping him tomorrow, but unfortunately Tim has been called away on family duty.

So I will let you know definitely tomorrow.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts