SlotForum banner
161 - 180 of 323 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,259 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 3 Sep 2015, 10:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Percentage scores after the first round are

Farnham 58.125%
Bolwextric 41.875%

Lets try and hit 60% for the return leg!

66.5% should do it then!

Percentage scores of the second round are

Bolwextric 66.5%
Farnham 33.5%

That makes an aggregate of

Bolwextric 54.188%
Farnham 45.812%

Allowing for the slight discrepancy caused by the fact that each driver had 24 heats at Bolwextric compared to 20 at Farnham (allowing the home advantage to be greater), and that the percentage of points in each heat available to each team was also very slightly greater (15-6 compared to 7-3), it was actually even closer!

But who cares who won - it was great fun and lets do it again soon!

Many thanks to the Farnham guys for the idea and being so gracious in defeat

And don't forget that, now you know our roads are all tarmac, you have open invitation to pop along to any of our club nights on every Monday and alternate Thursdays.

·
Jim Moyes
5,259 Posts
Oh, and Jamie!

Reducing your low score would take some doing!

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Thanks Jim&#8230;. If I had written I wanted to increase my low score you would have told me that it would have been difficult to get more low scores!!

Oh and Jim - In your calculations you forgot to factor in the length of tracks - Bolwextric is longer - therefore you actually had MORE home advantage !!

Looking forward to the next one.

Cheers

J-C

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
After the excitement of that great Farnham visit it was back to our Autumn Championship, six of us raced in a forwards direction (mainly).

Tony went for - wait for it - Pro Trucks (I know you can't beleave it - but it is true - honest. Yeh well he didn't win, Wes did with 19, Mr T was a point astray.

JGTC was Keith's preference, but Tony had got it together to win with 23, Keith was 2 away for runner up.

Ninco F1 was Owen's pick, sadly the curse lay heavy on him as he picked his way to the nights lowest score. Mr T took the honours with 20.

It was Keith's turn to win with my pick of Accord, he clocked 22 with Tony and Wes runners up miles away with 17s. Did I have good luck with my pick? - No Comment!

At the break it was tight with Tony on 78 and Keith just 1 behind. In case you are wondering, Jim was not with us, so we made hay while we could.

Wes thought Golfs would be good, they were - for Tony with 21, Wes was the 3rd case of pickers nearly won with 19.

Sandy wound things up (or should that be wound US up) with Lorries, Tony won with a lowly 17, but so did Keith and Wes, with Owen last but still getting his nights best of 12 this was the closest of close classes.

Tony's 116 was good for a win while Keith on 1-8 kept his unbeaten form in Clubmans. Reverse direction round 4 is on Oct 26th and the scores are here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Just to say the round 4 results and points are now on line, there was a 2 point error corrected it did not change the result.

We had a new member at round 4, a big welcome to Chris (M) from Hayling Island. He has been experienced Bolwextric Party goer, and it showed in his first score of 61.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Ooh - not sure what happened to round 5s' report but here is round 6s'.

6 racers chose 6 classes and we did not use White Lane.

Sandy went for NC1 Camaro, not a good choise for him as it turned out. Despite a last place Jim won the class with 19.

Tony often picks Pro Trucks, they did him no favours - apparently it was all Sandy's fault, I struggle to feel sorry for him
. I managed the nights lowest score with 7 while Jim got another win with 20.

Wes told me to pick Accords and leave Golfs for his pick, they did me no favours as I struggled to get a decent 1st lap from any race. Tony smashed the class with 23 the nights record a huge 5 ahead of Jim.

Wes picked McLaren ? ? ? - not sure but I got the feeling I was being stitched up, he said he had just remembered they used BMW engines - Whatever. They good thing was I matched Wes as we finished with 16 apiece. Jim just headed up with 17 in the closest of rounds as last place had 12.

At break Jim was stretching his feet well clear with 74.

And Jim hadn't finished yet as he won his pick of SRS 2 with 18 in another close set of scores.

Keith magiced up Ninco Indy, several of us could not remember us using these before, so they were a new and interesting choice. If the web site is to be believed and reference to just "Indy" means Scalex Indy it was 4 years ago since, certainly long enough for me to forget about them. Guess what? Jim won the class with 19 and Tony was close behind on 18.

Another round won by Jim with 111 who is starting to look strong to win the Championship, Tony was runner up on 104, Wes did well getting 3rd spot with 98 while Keith's 93 won him Clubman.

Next round with be a forwards direction on Dec 7th. Scores and Points are here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Nine of us went forwards as this championship got close to completion. With the data sheet sounding the siren and potential winners on countback the scores had to be checked, turned out Tim had been gifted an extra point, this did not affect the result except to push Tim down and even further away from his "target", never mind Tim - things should only get better.

Chris set the ball rolling with Golfs, I seemed to do OK and even got gifted a 5, as always the v dubs served up some close racing which eventually saw Keith winning with 31.

I thought I needed a bit more focus so I picked Focus, again I seemed to do OK and even managed a win, Jim was an easy winner with 33.

Sandy went heavy weight with the very un-environmental Lorries, again I lucked into a winner and my highest score of 25, Tony likes racing Trucks and steadily worked his way to 31 to take the class.

At break I did some tests on my Slot-It Nissen as Keith had transplanted it a replacement lurid orange heart kindly donated by Jim. It was not a happy bunny, but furnished with some stickier tyres, it did seem to go really rather well. Many thanks to Jim and Keith.
Scores wise, Jim was in front with 86 but both Tony and Keith were snapping at him. I had settled into a battle with Geoff and had managed to pull a point ahead of him, but I needed to get my act together to hang on to my place.

It seems Jim could not get enough Ford action so he went for Cosworths, and very close racing they were, Chris scored his best round with 15, Tony just won with 28 a point ahead of Keith. I started my defence well getting 10 from my first 2 races, but could only go on to finish with total of 19, the same as Geoff, so for me it rested on the final class.

Tony doesn't fancy open wheelers, so I was surprised when he chose Ninco F1, but I like open wheelers so my confidence grew. Geoff managed a 5 from his first race while could only manage a miserly 1, thanks to a tap from Sandy at the hairpin - thanks mate! I decided to select full Wambulance mode and wait for Geoff to make the mistakes, which he did. Tony did win his class with 30 but he had to share honours with Keith. Wez came 3rd which meant Jim did significantly poorly by his standards - and it was significant.

It ended with Jim on 136 but Tony was also on 136, only count back gave it to Jim, so he still has won every round he has contested. Next up was Keith with 132, which won him Clubman class, while Wes came a close 4th with 129. In my little tussle with Geoff he gifted a slender win - phew.

Last round is on the 21st, were will be reversing up to Christmas. Talking of Xmas - Jim has declared this Thursday as his Christmas day and has invited us to bring along some festive snacks to the final NNR round of this year. The Bolwextric scores are here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
At last the Christmas scores are on line and as this is the end of the Championship a winner declared, well done to:

Jim winner with 98 points, runner up was Tony on 82 (lowest score removed)

I was winner of Clubmans with 72 and Sandy runner up (I had been stating that Keith had been winning Clubmans but that was an error - he should not have been in Clubmans.

Accords were again the most popular pick used on 5 nights, but Lorries were close behind on 4 nights.

The next series Bolwextric Club 2016 Series 1 starts on Jan 4th - yes tonight !!!!!.

More info on line here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
8 of us got things going for the first Bolwextric Club night of the year. It was not just the year that was new, one of us also ended the evening with a new name.

How appropriate that the first class pick of the year should go the our grand master - Tony. He got things under way with SRS 1. Despite starting the year with a 1 Jim went on to win the class with 29.

575 was Chris's pick, he was having a crazy night flying off the line and soon taking out whoever happened to be outside of him, on this night this was often Tony. Tony soon had something to say about this and before long he nicknamed Chris "Donkey", Chris didn't seem to mind so the name seems to have stuck and he carried on taking Tony out - OOOH. Despite all the fuss Tony managed to share the class win with Keith with 26 each. Despite some wayward incidents Chris Clocked his best score of the night of 19 and so did I with 22.

Geoff picked his way to his best class, 17, with Carrera Aston Martin. Tony again suffered Donkey licks but still managed to take the class with 28.

At the break Jim was in the lead with 82 but Tony was just a point behind. Chris and Geoff were tussling to avoid the lowest score with just a point separating them.

Wes stuck with the sporty car type evening with NC1 Camaro, which was won by a huge margin by Jim with 33, the evenings best class score.

Jim picked saloons and won BTCC, but he had to share his 31 point win with Wes.

Jim won the night with 146 with Tony on runner up with 134, Chris just lost out in the the tail end Charlie battle, but as he pointed out 69 was a good score for other reasons. Wes got his Clubmans challenge off to a winning start, 129 being 48 ahead of runner up Sandy.

We will be racing in reverse direction in the next round which is on the 15th. Scores and points are here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Only 5 of us racing for round 2, but still room for a fatal error on the results sheet.

Tony & Keith both finished with 78 but count back gave Tony the win BUT

Grand total 351 - one over.

Error in BTCC - only 4 of 1s, 6 of 2s, give class total of 51.

Will - 2,2,1,3 = 8
Geo - 1,1,2,2 = 6
Ton - 1,3,3,4 = 11
Jim - 4,2,4,2 = 12
Kei - 3,4,3,4 = 14

Is the following correct or am I wrong?
A "2" needs to change into a "1", and assuming only one error.
Neither Tony or Keith have a "2" so their scores are correct.

If so - either Geoff, Jim or me had a point too many, not a result changer.

HELP REQUIRED !

Provisional blog for R2
Only 5 of us on the line but that gave us a chance to race 7 classes and only needing 4 cars a chance to use some long discarded classes. With the heaters keeping the air warm a freezing day meant the track remained cool and slippy. This made for some unusual offs, often by not the usual suspects.

I started us with Golf, and straight away we had cars going off under the bridges, must have been black ice. Still it was the same for everyone and Tony made the best of it with a lucky winning 13.

Ninco 1 Camaro was Geoff's choice and again 13 was lucky for Tony.

Tony had a surprise pick for us as he and Jim had managed to furnish us with 4 fresh SCX Lorries. Geoff kept it all together and took the class with 12. Interesting action as the weak point of the new rigs was a habit of random de-slotting. Jim knew the reason and we had to work hard to stop him effecting changes during the racing.

Jim picked his usual bat with BTCC. This played into Keith's hands and he romped to the nights best class score of 14.

Kieth's pick was Karts and with only 4 needed only the regular tune states were allowed, and much to my surprise and with out a red pinion in site - I won the class thanks to another lucky 13. Geoff, who I had been dicing with to avoid the premier bottom feeder award could only manage 5 the worst score of the night.

At the break Keith had 57, a slender lead from Jim then Tony. While with the help of the carts I had managed to get 9 clear of Geoff.
Jim dived into the new lorries and was soon snipping off very precise amounts from the front axle bump stops. He would not divulge the exact amount in thousands of an inch, a look at the off cuts might have given his game away but we were soon dodging minute plastic projectiles as they were snip launched all over the place, the chances of finding one was remote especially as we feared for our eyes.

So to the extra classes, it was French lessons from the end cupboard in the shape of 206s' and then Clios' The former were very close racing with Tony just winning with 11 from Jim, Keith and myself all on 10 - WOW. Yet another lucky 13 saw Tony win the Clio class.

At the end it was 78 for Keith and 78 for Tony, Tony took number one spot with the most wins. (Assuming the provisionals are OK). Geoff was best Clubmans with 54.

Next round will be forwards on Feb 1st. The interesting scores are on Bolwextric Racing results page.

·
Jim Moyes
5,259 Posts
Will,

Assuming the points are noted down in race order, a quick race plan shows the problem to be the last heat with both Geoff and I getting two points. He had the Laguna and I had the Audi while you and Keith had the Vectras. I can't honestly remember who came last, but as it makes no difference to the overall result, give the two to Geoff.

Generous, or what?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
A select 7 for this forward facing round 3. A night of close racing and scores.

Tony went the SRS 1 route for the first class, this must have been one of the most closely clustered classes ever. Jim won with 26, Tony and Keith tied 2nd with 23 each, while Sandy and I came last both with a respectable 17. A mere 9 point spread, is that a record? (It's OK Jim, it was rhetorical.)

Pickers curse saw Sandy not doing well with McClarens, Wes did the winning with 29, his win being down to lack of a 1 or 2 rather than races won.

After 2 classes I found myself languishing just points away from being last so played a straight bat with Accord, Tony won with 28, while Wes surprisingly finished with a trio of 1s' to finish last amid wails of Donkey Outrage.

At the break Tony was starting to edge it with 76, a 5 point lead over Jim.

Keith used the Open Wheel card with FCX F1, my 22 made three 22s' in a row while 28 was enough for Tony to win easily.

Wes rustled around in the end cupboard and came up Clio NC2 for the final class. Chris started with three 1's and went on to net the lowest class score of the night with 12. 28 was Jim's winning score with Tony and Keith both on 26.

A night of close and jumbled scores finally saw Tony win with 130, from Jim 123, Keith 118, Me with 103. Wes took the clubmans with 101. Sandy finished with 73 which on this close night was, amazingly, the lowest score. One interesting fact I did not notice a single instance of someone trying to start in the wrong lane, thought I suspect this happens a lot when I am not there.

The fun restarts in a reverse direction on Feb 15th, see more.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Freezing cold outside but inside at MFR 9 of us were getting some hot action, in round 4 things were going backwards.

Sandy shouted McLaren and a very close class of racing ensued. The scores turning out thus: Wes 26, Tony 25, Keith 24, Jim & Chris 22, Will 21, Geoff 20. Sandy had a touch of curse while Tim shared the wooden spoon award with 11, for Tim though - things did only get better.

It was an even bigger shout as Lorrys' were picked by Geoff. A win for Keith with 31 which turned out to be the best class score of the night - ooh!

NC1 Camaro was the preference of Wes. These turned up more close racing, Keith won with 28 and Jim and Tony were close with 26 each.

At break Jim was leading with 79, but with Keith, Tony and Wes in the 70s' it could still go any way.

It was 512 for Tim, he did OK with them but his challengers, Sandy and Geoff, both did well with 23 each, and that sealed Tim's fate. Jim had a clear win with 30. Only a solitary 6 helped Chris to a donkey style 11.

For some reason many of the end cupboard sets had holes in them but, BTCC seemed to be the only viable set so that's what I picked. It was another 30 and another win for Jim, with all his challengers in the high 20s'.

Jim took top honours with 139 with Keith on 132 and Tony on 126. 121 got Wes the clubman win.

We will be going forwards in round 5 on the rare 29th of February. Bolwextric Racing results.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Yet again it was 9 on the line as Jack joined us for the first time in this series.

It was forwards direction racing with Wes's pick of Saxo. They did Wes no good but Tony took the class with 31 with the other joint series leader, Jim, just 2 behind, Somehow I ended in 3rd place with 26, everyone else was miles behind!? Jim was a bit unlucky when it was found that his cars guide was attached by wires alone, it was decided that "it would be the same for everyone" so Jim was obliged to race it, after a couple of laps with what Jim described a lot of under-steer and despite his best efforts it just left the slot. This prompted everyone else to say "we need another car". One was found lurking in Tonies ice box cupboard, Jim said he could remember it as a really quick car - and it was, even with ice box tyres.

Tony went SRS1 and won with 30, Keith was 2nd on 28. Jack found the class a real challenge and clocked the wooded spoon award with 8.

I took a PUNT on PUNTO - that's either a
or a sorry. These happy fellers spend most of their time on the party circuit, mostly being abused and bashed but giving lots of fun to young and old. But they are a bit slow, apart from one which is very quick and can catch one out as the rash of first corner outrages testifies. One side affect of this is it shares out the wins and on this night we had no less than 7 racers attaining a coveted 6. Jim nabbed the other two wins and won with 28, followed by loads of us in the low 20s'.

At the break Tony was sitting pretty pretty with 85, Jim offered the only real threat with 79 while in 3rd place with 72 was me - things could only get worse. We heard how Sandy had resigned from his recently won place as a green local councillor, he decided the junketing within and without the chambers of local government was something he did not want to be associated with, even if only as part of the opposition.

NC1 Corvette was Sandy's pick, a decision made to the highest democratic standards, but not a good decision as it gave Sandy his only really bad class. Jim must have seen some light at the end of a tunnel - or something as he shared most of the wins and the class win with Keith as they clocked 30 points each.

With the bit now firmly between his teeth Jim played his favourite SRS2 ball and won the class with 31. My podium pretensions had already disappeared as Keith had passed me in a single leap, and my 4th place was in danger from Wes. Wes and I both had an OK class, we both had a win and finished with a 1, it would be close.

Jim did it, he passed Tony to win the evening 140 to 135. Keith had third place with 122. And what of the coveted 4th place, Wes had finished with 112 and so had I, on count back we both had 4 wins. But it was Wes who prevailed as he had far more 5s' that I. Well done Wes, he also won Clubmans - HUH !

It's backwards next time on March 14th, Bolwextric results are here.

Please note:
It should be made clear that at Bolwextric Parties the above mentioned phrase "being abused and bashed" refers to the model cars and not the punters, all of whom always have a really good time.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Before the start of round 6 we introduced a new member, Keith, he has previous slot car experience and is very welcome. For obvious reason he will be know as "Keith 2".

The new Keith was shoved straight in at the deep end as he was first picker in the reversio round, and went on to claim 10 points for the class - an impressive start. Tony got a great start, his winning 30 didn't sound much till you see Keith's running up score of 25.

NC1 Camaro was Tim's pick and a pretty smart one as he netted by far his highest score of the night, most of the rest were clustered in the low 20s' while the class winner with a slender 27 was
ME - Taa Daa !
(I can do that, cos I write this guff.

Tony got out the crisp packets in the shape of SRS 1, it was turning into a night of smart picks and he won with 29, as with most classes the rest of the field was rooted to the low 20s'.

At break we found Tony in a slender lead with 81 from Keith and me on 74 each.

Geoff got things going again with Citroen 1/24 and a strange thing happened we completed the class with only one case of pinion creep. Also it marked the first real success of Jim, the current series leader and the highest score of the evening, 32. But Tony was just a point behind.

Sandy fancied golfs, but the end party set was lacking so out came the party police, and the best racing of a really great night. Sandy's pick was good he scored his nights best. The winner was Wes who did his best to salvage a torrid night by his standards with 31, Jim also made up ground with his 30.

The final result of all the excitement was a podium of Tony, Jim and me with 138, 133 and 119 respectively. Wes clocked 113 and took Clubmans.

This series takes an Easter break so will not be back till 11th April when we will be going forwards in round 7, Bolwextric Racing results.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Only just seven of us on the line but with the weather helped the heat and the grip. More gripping stuff in the shape of the tussle 'twixt Jim and Tony to win this first series of the year.

Tony got his challenge off with SCX Lorries, this are a bit slow but still provided plenty of action, as shown by the close spread of scores. Tony won with 27 followed by Keith with 24, last was Chris with 16.

Chris headed for Skyline and they served him well Jim got the win with 29 from Keith's 27.

Ninco Indy was my pick and they gave me my best score, 24. Tony won but with only 29. ooh!

At the break things were close,it seemed that both the titans were being affected by the donkey's antics. Jim and Tony both had 72 and Keith had sneaking it with 75. Excitement, excitement.

NC1 Corvette was lined up by Geoff, they did him no favours he came last with 14. But again the rest of the scores were tight, Jim with 25, Tony and Chris on 21 each and Wes winning with 27.

And Jim had the final pick, I thought he would head for the end cupboard, but no, he played a straight bat with Accord. Tony scored 21, Wes scored 26 and Jim took it with 30 the evenings highest score.

At the end Jim had 127, not much to win with, but that is what he had done, Keith was 2nd with 117 while Tony came of worse against Wes in a count back for 3rd as they both finished with 114 (yes, the sheet had a maths error, which I corrected). Wes also took CLubmans again.

Next round is on 25 scores are here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
The second series of 2016 got off to an exciting start as Jim n Tony continued their fight.

Wes started us with NC2 Clio, Jim had 4 wins but Tony won by a point with 31, Chris was straight in with the lowest class score of the night a measly 9.

It was open wheels from Jack with SCX F1, Jim's turn to win with 32 and Mr T on 29. I came in last with 14 as donkey outrages started to take hold of my evening.

Mark 2 Escorts were a curse for Chris as his 3 carrot monos only helped him to a 10 bunch in all and last place. Wes was having a good night and his 29 was sufficient for a win while runner up Tony's 27 was well clear of Jim.

At the break Tony's 88 had him leading Jim by 2.

I picked Astons and again the carrot tops got the better of me while up front Jim took the class with 31 to Tony's 29. This meant the matadors were level going into the final round.

Not sure why anyone would pick 2CV, but Keith did just that and didn't profit from it. Usually I am mystified by these quirky garlic carriers, but despite of or more likely because of my recent driving experience in France I seemed to have the measure of them and did rather well by my standards. (I can't remember seeing any 2CVs while in France, but a nearby drive in our remote village had a classicly beat up and rusty Ami 8 and what looked like a source of spares collapsing under a sheet alongside). Oh yes, and the result of the racing was - Tony 27, Jim 28. Which meant:

Jim won the first round from Tony 145 to 144 - more of that to come I am sure. Meanwhile Wes took the Clubmans and third overall with a healthy 126. Keith was 4th after having unusually poor showings in the F1 and 2CV classes.

The battle will continue in reverse direction on May 23rd. It was pointed that there was an error in the web results for series 1, showing the clubman placing for Sandy and Geoff incorrectly, I have sorted it on the web site but can't be faffed to correct the PDF summary as copy and paste outrage is something we all have to cope with nowadays. Bolwextric Racing results.

161 - 180 of 323 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.