SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
Mr Mod, I used 'Liquid Nails' (which would be the same sort of construction adhesive as 'No More Nails') however make sure your construction adhesive is polystyrene friendly. Polystyrene is used a lot currently in the construction industry, so all manufacturers will have released formulations of their glue that will not melt polystyrene. But they probably won't have taken the old formulation off the market.

I have also used standard PVA to glue polystyrene to MDF, but it did take a long time to dry. And by long I mean days.

Embs

· One petunia in a field of onions
6,433 Posts
If you want to go 1 step further than foamcore board which has a paper/cardboard surface, there is a product created for the sign industry which is a 3mm MDF faced polystyrene sandwich. Comes in a standard 8x4 (2440 x 1220) sheet. Trying to remember who makes it. There is also a PVC faced one by Stadur in 10mm thickness which comes in a 3m x 1.5m sheet.

Lots of interesting possibilities out there for lightweight substrates.

Embs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.