SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
I find 12mm MDF with 1x2" planed timber screwed upright along either underside edge does the job holding 600x1220 long boards flat and its fairly light weight, two can be lifted without any trouble. Like this I guess:

And then the one next to it offset the 1x2" timbers so they fit inside on another, you can also do it width wise (my pics from a 8x2 - 600x2440 track). when you have 4 or 6 600x1220 board side by side you can clamp pairs together when butted up to on another. Hope that makes sense.

· Registered
136 Posts
Apologies I edited my post soon after its 12mm not 9mm. I think even with a 8mm slot you would be ok with 1"x2" timbers, you could always put some in perpendicular the the edge ones for support. Im sure that must be lighter than 16mm MDF.

I think you have a good idea with the polystyrene sandwich and no reason why is shouldn't work, you will just need all your layers in place and secure before you start routing. Look forward to seeing the outcome. You can go alot thinner than 6mm according to the place to save weight. http://www.mdfcuttosize.com/ I Wouldnt know where to find 3 or 4mm off the shelf.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.