Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way that people have found to bond polystyrene together...will no more nails type stuff be best? I am currently finalising the alpine section of the italian job track and using a combination of polysturene packing to form the base for the mountains with expanding foam over the top and need to bond the polystyrene to my ply baseboard and to itself.

Your combined knowledge and expertise would be most gratefully recieved

·
No1 super guy
1,667 Posts
If I remember correctly, no more nails was useless when I tried it for that kind of material when making scenery, it just did not cure.
I ended up using a hot glue gun, did the job a treat.
Mike

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Hi,
A PU glue will do the job. At your local DIY shop you're likely to find glue for crown mouldings, insulation blocks etc. 3M produces an excellent spray styrene glue that I have used for modular terrain boards and been content with. I know that UHU and other manufacturers produce tubes of styrofoam glue for smalller hobby applications, too.
Br,
Christian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yakboy,

White woodglue - especially the quickset type - works 100%.

Cheers

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I used a polystyrene friendly "Liquid Nails" on the track. So much polystyrene n use in the construction industry these days there are plenty of good strong bond glues available. For small stuff I use PVA.

Embs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts