SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Very sweet, Phil! Great subject to model. Good luck with concours again. But what's the origin of the P4 Spyder in the background? I'm getting a little obsessed with those things.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Great model Phil - I'm very envious as I've wanted to build a Le Mans MGB for some time now.

Can you say how it was constructed and what standard parts, if any, were used.

At the present I'm only at the minor changes to kits stage - I can put an Airfix MGB on to an adapted plastic chassis and convert to an MGC but not much more. I've tried to sculpt the front onto the MGB kit but don't feel I have sufficient skills to do it justice yet - the end results just not symmetrical. How are the front lights and hard top made?

Thanks

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I adapted the front end of an Airfix E type for the droop-snoot nose and the hard top was scratchbuilt from plasticard.
As with all these things it just comes down to experience, have a go, you may make a mess of the first one but you will get better.
In the end I wasn't to happy with this model and would do it differentley if I made another.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks for the advice on the MG, Phil, and the clue to the earlier pictures that I had missed. I was afraid that it would be a scratched build brass chassis and a resin self cast but you've given me hope. I can see the Jag in it now so will have to have another attempt.

I like the Lotus as well - I see I've got a long way to go from my humble beginnings.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Believe me, the pictures look better than the real thing.

Fed up with all these red cars now, next up will be a 1/24 corvette, as run at the '56 Sebring 12hours, in American racing colours, white with a blue stripe.
Give me a few days though

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Some of you may know Derek Cooper and as he is not much of a computer person I know that he would not post his own pictures on this forum, so here are some of the cars he has prepared for this years Bordeaux meet.

1/24 Acadamy static kit conversion

1/24 Testors static kit conversion

1/24 K&B slot car

1/32 Betta body

1/32 Betta body

1/32 Strombecker McKee mk7

1/32 Monogram 275P

1/32 Strombecker

And this year at Bordeaux they are opening up their drag strip, here is something Derek has done to run on it, I will be doing something for this if I get time,

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for posting those, Phil, and regards to Mr Cooper!
Lots of questions, but to begin with, are they all 1/32? And what is the white no14 car?
And I love the McLaren M1B! Been meaning to do one of those for ages.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for posting those, Phil, and regards to Mr Cooper!
Lots of questions, but to begin with, are they all 1/32? And what is the white no14 car?
And I love the McLaren M1B! Been meaning to do one of those for ages.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
There will be as good and even better there on the day , competition is tough,
that's what makes it so much fun

Yea I'm worried about the Mclaren, but I think the corvette I am doing will look pretty good. I hope

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for the captions, Phil. I'm somewhat relieved about the 1/24th models- I was beginning to think that that was an absolutely superhuman effort! I'm impressed by those Strombecker models too- another make I've never known or seen much of, but those are nice- although how much did Mr Cooper have to work them over? Love the Lotus 19.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts