SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Here's the poster for this year's Bordo vintage slot car meeting, and we also finally have the rules and regs... If you've come already you'll be getting an invitation package soon, and if not, contact me or Samy (email on poster) so we can send you the info.

It's a 2-man (or woman) team race in 1/24 scale this year - something a little different in honor of the Le Mans theme.

If you want to show your projects (I'm sure you're all almost finished already...), please use the Vintage and Collectors thread.

Hope to see you there!

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
Hi Don, my flight and hotel were booked Aons ago, look forward to receiving my pack.

As ever I won't be starting my cars until May18th earliest as that is when i finish my year 2 of my degree...

So, almost a month of build time, 2 cars + 2 spares, what could possibly go wrong?

See you in the Oirish bar!

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
Accomodation booked, bike serviced, I'll start on my cars.......... sooon

Cheers

John

·
Eddie Grice
2,307 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 21 Mar 2012, 22:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Don, my flight and hotel were booked Aons ago, look forward to receiving my pack.
Ditto, me too.

QUOTE (tifosi @ 21 Mar 2012, 22:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As ever I won't be starting my cars until May18th earliest as that is when i finish my year 2 of my degree...
So, almost a month of build time, 2 cars + 2 spares, what could possibly go wrong?
So I only need to bother building a 32nd scale car this year........partner

Eddie

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
QUOTE So I only need to bother building a 32nd scale car this year........partner

Eddie

Sorry Partner, you will need to build a car so that

1. We have a car where the paint is dry
2. We have a car that actually handles with SOME grip
3. We have a car that you are prepared to drive

But I will build at least one for 'evaluation' by my team mate!

Looking forward to it...

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
News Bulletin - there is no bulletin!

Well boys and girls, we were wondering why no registration forms had come in - and then we suddenly realized we hadn't sent them out with the rest of the info pack! So you'll be getting a registration form by email in a day or two, and please let me or Samy know if you don't...

You know, as you get older, the gray cells seem to migrate to the hair, and leave the brain...

Don

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
Here is my backup 1/32 car for Bordo'

A Scaly French Porsche 917LH

Bought for £12 off a well known site, painted, ortmanns on the back, serviced, Pattos decals

Job done! Now back to my revision for the exams next week...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Peter,

Best wishes and good luck for your exams !!.

Dont let the distractions get to you !!.

vbr Chris A.

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
QUOTE Here is my backup 1/32 car for Bordo'

Er, forget that, I just spotte that Bordo is up to 1968 and this is a 1969 livery/car

bugger!

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
Quite right team mate and if I had continued with the ferrari 512S I think that would have been outside the date but as it is a 365 P2 is fine, and it is coming along nicely!

·
Administrator
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
REMINDER!!!!

Folks, things are getting closer, and it would be nice to let Samy know if you're going to be coming to the Saturday night dinner. It's our now traditional personal chef Didier, along with his charming wife, daughter and crew, and the menu looks very, very good!

Please let me or Samy know if you're going to be at the dinner...

Merci beaucups!

Don

·
Phil Smith
2,626 Posts
Me and Brad will be at the dinner, James will to I guess (no Kelly this year
) Derek will probably not. (doesn't like the confinement of the slot car room)

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
I won't for the same reason as Derek,

But I reckon a few will be up for meal in Bordo' central!

·
Kitbasher
4,293 Posts
QUOTE Indian with the veggies & vegans again

Er, not my first choice, i can get a curry around the corner here in the village...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts