SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A GREAT weekend of racing, like minded banter and all round cameraderie.

PLEASE feel free to add your pics as mine are not comprehensive at all ;

Firstly the old codger racing dudes:

Table Desk Engineering Shorts Recreation

Product Automotive design Recreation Motor vehicle Publication

Arm Shorts Chair T-shirt Water bottle

Table Desk Chair T-shirt Engineering

Watch Automotive design Eyewear T-shirt Customer

Arm T-shirt Toy Engineering Event

Joint Human Sleeve Table Standing

Glasses Sleeve Gesture T-shirt Event

Shorts Smile Sportswear Hat Elbow

Clothing Joint Arm Muscle Gesture

Joint Leg Comfort Lap Knee

Footwear Joint Shoe Shoulder Gesture

PS if any of the other modes know how to turn the pics the correct way - please do - I correct them and bingo back sideways,

Attachments

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If any mod can correct the pics above to view correctly - please do fix
smile.png

Now for the 1/24th cars:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle

Vehicle Tire Car Wheel Hood

Vehicle Car Wheel Toy Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Car

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive design

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Attachments

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Bob Chapman
6,995 Posts
Absolutely stunning Anthony . So many lovely cars all in one spot.
I like your blue cobra , very nicely done.
As for the sideways pictures I am afraid I am like you, a slanted view on life.
Thanks for the post, just great.
Bob

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Thanks Anthony - except for that shot showing my bald spot on top!

Good turnout this year and some nice cars, from real down home GTs to some very approximate GTs.

My Strombecker Aston Martin 007 (lent to a friend for the race) actually finished 15th in Concours, proving that people have a sense of humor! Fitted with an Avenger motor it was actually pretty fast too - and handily beat my own MRRC Aston Martin DB5.

Don

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Thanks for the pics Anthony, they give a good flavour of the event.

Pete

·
re member
4,235 Posts
Nice pictures Anthony. Thank you for sharing them.

As for the sideways pictures...I am guessing they need to be corrected before you up load them. ie do it on your PC or laptop before uploading.

Cheers

John

·
Gordon Steadman
6,933 Posts
Thanks Anthony - except for that shot showing my bald spot on top!

Good turnout this year and some nice cars, from real down home GTs to some very approximate GTs.

My Strombecker Aston Martin 007 (lent to a friend for the race) actually finished 15th in Concours, proving that people have a sense of humor! Fitted with an Avenger motor it was actually pretty fast too - and handily beat my own MRRC Aston Martin DB5.

Don
Anthony clearly likes to show such things as he got me leaning over but then my bald spot runs most of the way around my head.

I obviously should have left the 007 body on my Strombecker!! What I thought was a better bet in the concours came absolutely nowhere!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great post Anthony!!! Except for the ugly fat man in pink, in the 1st picture...all is perfect!!! Hahahaha

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, Excellent photos of what looks like and sounds like a really fun and unique event. I always enjoy and admire all of the Bordo car pictures and discussion. I wish we had a comparable event here in the US. Like Slot Fest as well... (sigh). But, how about some captions putting names and forum names with pictures so faces can be put with names (and cars). Just a thought... Thanks.

Mike M.

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the compliments.

What you are suggesting sounds suspiciously like work!!! (the ghost of Maynard G. Krebbs...), but both Anthony and I are mods here, so we'll work on it!

Probably easier to travel around Europe for these events than in the USA, but a good organizer in a slot hotbed should still be able to put something together... There were 43 entrants this year and offhand I'd say a bit over half were French, the rest from USA, England and Spain - we usually have the Italian contingent, but they couldn't come this year. We've had over 60 entrants, but that's a bit of a strain on what's basically a 1+ day event...

Don

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,687 Posts
This always looks like such a fantastic event !! Great to see pictures and info each year. The build-up thread(s) are great too.

I see a Lamborghini 350/400 - it looks like 1:32 scale, can any one tell me who sells the shells?

Leo

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fantastic work was done by the Bordeaux Club. Business as usual. And the great Race direction of Don. Always a weekend to remember.

·
Slot King
2,766 Posts
I see a Lamborghini 350/400 - it looks like 1:32 scale, can any one tell me who sells the shells?

Leo
I am the culprit with the Lambo, a one off built around a toy made in Hong Kong (sold to me a few years ago by my good friend Mike Sells).

I thought I had chosen too dark a colour, but people seem to like it.

Joel

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,687 Posts
Thanks Joel,

In that era, Lamborghinis had an understated, gentleman's car image. Of course the Countach changed that !!

I was stunned to see a slot car version. I dream of a 1:32 Espada.

Leo

·
Administrator
10,006 Posts
Welcome to the club Gordon - I'm sure the photographers do it on purpose, just to harm our image as Sexy Beasts!

Don

PS: Jean-Luc is really a very nice guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts